Skip to main content

Whammy!

So that friend I was helping the other day with her scrapbook page sent me a message today asking about her layout and how her pictures should appear on her page, color or black and white? My answer was BOTH. That led me to one of my FAVORITE You Tube channels: Stamp TV. I cannot seem to get enough of this channel. Gina K has some of the most amazing scrapbooking and crafting techniques that I've ever seen. Now I, myself, wasn't particularly interested in doing any "spotlighting" (click the link above for that featured video) like I was advising my friend to do, but watching this video... yet again.... got the circular visual in my head and then the mention of a bouquet of flowers, well, I was a goner. Add to that the new blog that I just started following by the incredible artist Ms. Vicki Garrett and WHAMMY... here's the project that just had to be freed!
I love how dramatic I can be! hahahahahaha! Anyway, I hope you all love this. Oh! I almost forgot to mention the original inspiration for this project... my new CTMH demonstrator Lori who doesn't really demonstrate (because she lives out of state) anything for me which is EXACTLY what I was looking for in a demonstrator!!! No pressure, regular monthly orders and fantastic service.... you guys really need to check her out! Tell her FitterTwit sent ya! ;)
*** I'm tagging Cricut for this post because I used my Spellbinders Large Circle Nestabilities (the largest one) and then cut a 4.25" circle on my Expression in black using the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge... that cart is a serious staple of mine!

Comments

Magoo said…
oh I am DIGGIN' this!!

Great colour Scheme....IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! :) :)
FitterTwit said…
Mya!!! What the heck are you doing up this late chica!?!?! Thanx so much for the kudos! :) I hope you had an awesome birthday!
Vicki G said…
This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the elegance of your card and the Rich colours!!! Thanks SO much for your sweet words, you just made my day!!!!

Hugs and Love

Vicki
FitterTwit said…
Vicki... you're so sweet considering I stole the color scheme and even the pattern paper from a card that YOU DID! HAHAHAHA! Thanx so much for your comments and a blog that RAWKS!
Lori said…
This is really pretty...I'm gonna have to check out Gina K's video in my spare time. When was that again? Thanks for the sweet words about me and your card is stunning.

Hugs
FitterTwit said…
Oh Lori... I don't remember. Do a search for "spotlighting" and you'll find it. My card has nothing to do with spotlighting, but that's the vid that helped to inspire this one... hahahaha!

Past 7 Days....

Burton-weenie Release Day 2

Today is day 2 of the Burton-weenie release for Simply Betty Stamps.  I'm kind of slackin today as I didn't create a card to show, but you DON'T want to miss the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G work the rest of the Dolls made!!!  I'm serious!  This stuff on day two blew me away!!!! So head over to The Burtonesque Dolls and show some love.... you'll be glad you did!  They ROCKED day 2.  Tune in tomorrow for day 3 of the Burton-weenie release, that one's pretty good too.  Psssst... I made a really cute one!  LOL!  ;) **As I said yesterday, all of the images from this line will be available for sale at Simply Betty Stamps on Friday, but feel free to check out all the other COOL stuff by clicking HERE .

It's A Great Day For A White Wedding

It has been sooooo long since I've designed with the wonderful ladies of Paper Vineyard's design team!  Getting back on the designing wagon has suddenly come so easy to me over the past couple of days or so... I've been designing up a storm.  Part of the reason for the sudden burst of creativity came from this little gem pictured below!  Just a little warning here... this post is VERY pic heavy!!!  Yep!  It's the DCWV Immortal Love stack I told you all about the other day (inspired by the Twilight Saga movies).  So with Breaking Dawn coming out later this year, the Wedding theme for today's challenge over at Paper Vineyard was SUPER easy.  I can clearly imagine what wedding goodies Edward and Bella would put together, what their wedding colors would be, etc.  Well, now you can see how this one just sort of made itself!  hahahahahahha! So my creation is the CD jacket for a wedding photo compilation; the template is...

Burton-weenies Sneak Peak Day 3!

Ok, so along with the sneak peek of the new releases (coming this Friday... I can't wait!), TODAY the Dolls are having a little challenge with Ellanor:  PUT ME IN A BURTON MOVIE!!!  Well, hopefully you can tell that I turned the new Ellanor stamp, from the upcoming Burton-weenies line, into Lydia from Beetle Juice (click on pic to enlarge)!!!  But I couldn't just stop there!!!  Our guest DT's played a little with Ellanor, so I had to have my fun too!  Check it out! I am DIGGIN this new line!!!!  I mean really... aren't these just so hip and cool?!?  Be sure to head over to The Burtonesque Dolls for more inspiration with the new Ellanor Burton-weenie and to get the deets on this challenge!!!  And join us tomorrow for more Burton-weenie-sneak-peek fun!