Skip to main content

Whammy!

So that friend I was helping the other day with her scrapbook page sent me a message today asking about her layout and how her pictures should appear on her page, color or black and white? My answer was BOTH. That led me to one of my FAVORITE You Tube channels: Stamp TV. I cannot seem to get enough of this channel. Gina K has some of the most amazing scrapbooking and crafting techniques that I've ever seen. Now I, myself, wasn't particularly interested in doing any "spotlighting" (click the link above for that featured video) like I was advising my friend to do, but watching this video... yet again.... got the circular visual in my head and then the mention of a bouquet of flowers, well, I was a goner. Add to that the new blog that I just started following by the incredible artist Ms. Vicki Garrett and WHAMMY... here's the project that just had to be freed!
I love how dramatic I can be! hahahahahaha! Anyway, I hope you all love this. Oh! I almost forgot to mention the original inspiration for this project... my new CTMH demonstrator Lori who doesn't really demonstrate (because she lives out of state) anything for me which is EXACTLY what I was looking for in a demonstrator!!! No pressure, regular monthly orders and fantastic service.... you guys really need to check her out! Tell her FitterTwit sent ya! ;)
*** I'm tagging Cricut for this post because I used my Spellbinders Large Circle Nestabilities (the largest one) and then cut a 4.25" circle on my Expression in black using the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge... that cart is a serious staple of mine!

Comments

Magoo said…
oh I am DIGGIN' this!!

Great colour Scheme....IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! :) :)
FitterTwit said…
Mya!!! What the heck are you doing up this late chica!?!?! Thanx so much for the kudos! :) I hope you had an awesome birthday!
Vicki G said…
This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the elegance of your card and the Rich colours!!! Thanks SO much for your sweet words, you just made my day!!!!

Hugs and Love

Vicki
FitterTwit said…
Vicki... you're so sweet considering I stole the color scheme and even the pattern paper from a card that YOU DID! HAHAHAHA! Thanx so much for your comments and a blog that RAWKS!
Lori said…
This is really pretty...I'm gonna have to check out Gina K's video in my spare time. When was that again? Thanks for the sweet words about me and your card is stunning.

Hugs
FitterTwit said…
Oh Lori... I don't remember. Do a search for "spotlighting" and you'll find it. My card has nothing to do with spotlighting, but that's the vid that helped to inspire this one... hahahaha!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The BEST Copic Storage

**** HUGE HALLOWEEN GIVE AWAY... CLICK HERE !!!!**** Ok, so I've done posts in the past about various Copic storage solutions, but I was given THE MOTHER of all storage ideas by my friends Jennie Black and Krista Koenig!!!   Let me share with you the construction of the storage box and then I'll finish this off with the BRILLIANT solution my husband came up with.... cuz I married a GENIUS!!! What you'll need to create the AWESOME storage box pictured here is: 1 Double Deep Art Bin 1 plastic grid for ceiling lighting (found at your local home improvement store) 1 half inch thick wooden square dowel (also found at your local home improvement store) Dimensional adhesive squares Wire cutters or sheers Screws with corresponding drill bit Drill So I first cut the ceiling grid down to 19 squares by 19 squares using my wire cutters.   You will need two 19 x 19 sections of grid material.   The wire cutters went through the plastic material of the grid like butter and I