Skip to main content

Life Will Be Better With Copics

See... this is why I NEED Copic markers! Try as I might to blend and shade, my Stampin Up markers just aren't going to get the job done which is why I ended up highlighting with a gel pen. Life is going to be so much easier with Copics! I cannot wait to redo this card with Copics!!! Can you hear me pouting??? Hahahaha, I'm counting the days. In the meantime, I spent the day today trying to work with what I had (a WHOLE LOT of Stampin Up markers and ink pads) and this actually turned out pretty cute. I love the whole "Party In The Park" theme. I love how some projects start off one way and end up going a whole other direction. I started with this little guy (From a Greeting Farm discontinued set called Happy Chef) with a chef's hat and a cupcake, but then when it came time to decide a background, I hit a brick wall. So I grabbed some cardstock and started doodling and the park scene just sort of took form. Well there you go! Nix the hat, add a present and have the tag of the present JUMP out at you with the greeting and DONE! Yep... cute will be WICKED AWESOME when I redo this with Copics! Yes, I'm still pouting.

Comments

Ippity Chick said…
This is darned cute~ Yes, life gets MUCH easier with Copics! it's almost impossible to get that kind of blend with a SU marker!

thanks for playing.......

Hugs for yoU!

Vicki
I love TGF stuff! I have some stuff on my blog from them...Creepy Cakes! I have the SU Markers too and although they don't blend I still love them:) Thanks for all your super sweet comments... Happy you found me:D
tsrel said…
See, now you are making me want to get some copics. I bought one and that is all I can afford. How ironic, I just told one of my friends today that I could throw those away. LOL.
FitterTwit said…
WHAT!?! A scrapper throw something away???!!!??? BLASPHEMY!!! ;)

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...