Skip to main content

One Girl's Adventure in C25K!

Well.. today's post is going to be a guest post of sorts. Yesterday I received an email from my sister on her FIRST DAY of C25K. For those who aren't familiar with this program, C25K stands for Couch to 5 Kilometers and is a program that gets people off the couch and running 5K in 9 weeks. That's just over 3 miles!!! The program sounds pretty great, so you can image my excitement for her when I received her email recapping her first day....

You should have seen me on the treadmill yesterday!

  • I walked for 5 min (warm up).
  • Then the C25K said to run for 60 seconds… sure, no problem…
  • Then walk for 90 seconds …again ok….
  • Then run again for 60 second (HOLY SHMAKAKA! I thought my legs were on fire, my lungs just closed up completely… I think they went on strike).
  • Then I was really scared because I didn’t know how I was going to hang on to the side bars and push the dang button to get the speed to go down. All I kept picturing was falling on my face and getting "tread" rash. So I pulled the panic key and it all stopped.
******OMG! It was a truly horrifying experience.

Day two? I'm walking!
PS… stop laughing!!

Isn't fitness fun!?!

I'd like to extend a special thank you to my sister for allowing me to share this story. I think it's safe to say that anytime we start new exercise regimens it's a little awkward at first, to say the least. I just hope that we all manage to do it and with the same humor that she has. I think this story can help us be more willing to give new stuff a try if for no other reason than to have a story to tell. May all our stories be as funny as this one! Just think how funny this story is going to be when she DOES finish that 5K, and then think of how it will motivate others. File that in: if she can do it, so can I! :)

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...