You should have seen me on the treadmill yesterday!
- I walked for 5 min (warm up).
- Then the C25K said to run for 60 seconds… sure, no problem…
- Then walk for 90 seconds …again ok….
- Then run again for 60 second (HOLY SHMAKAKA! I thought my legs were on fire, my lungs just closed up completely… I think they went on strike).
- Then I was really scared because I didn’t know how I was going to hang on to the side bars and push the dang button to get the speed to go down. All I kept picturing was falling on my face and getting "tread" rash. So I pulled the panic key and it all stopped.
Day two? I'm walking!
PS… stop laughing!!
Isn't fitness fun!?!
I'd like to extend a special thank you to my sister for allowing me to share this story. I think it's safe to say that anytime we start new exercise regimens it's a little awkward at first, to say the least. I just hope that we all manage to do it and with the same humor that she has. I think this story can help us be more willing to give new stuff a try if for no other reason than to have a story to tell. May all our stories be as funny as this one! Just think how funny this story is going to be when she DOES finish that 5K, and then think of how it will motivate others. File that in: if she can do it, so can I! :)