Skip to main content

Alice In Wonderland Review ***Spoiler Alert***

It hits me that the ***Spoiler Alert*** may not apply here. Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass have been around foreva! But, to cover anyone who HASN'T read those stories or seen this film, please know that I'm going to give away some stuff here that COULD ruin someone's movie-going experience. So, what I'm saying here is, if you haven't seen Alice In Wonderland yet (which I think you TOTALLY SHOULD) and don't want anything "spoiled", quit reading right here.

OMG!!! What a great movie!!! And the special effects were INCREDIBLE!!! Even the set design and wardrobe were AMAZING! Whoever cast this movie did a FANTASTIC JOB, except....

I really felt that the entire character of the White Queen did nothing for the movie. While the character is present in Through The Looking Glass (and establishes the story's 'Chess Game'), that character in the film irritated me. Anne Hathaway gave a LOUSY performance, convincing me that the White Queen being omitted from the film entirely would have only ADDED to how great the rest of this film is. The chess game and the hatter's loyalties could have all been established through Alice (and in fact were anyway because I was trying to will the image of Anne Hathaway out of my head). The White Queen REALLY took something from this film. Otherwise EVERYTHIING ELSE was superb! The effects were amazing and the REST of the casting was incredible. I've come to realize that Johnny Depp is a master celebrity impersonator and adds a little of "others" to his performances. I LOVED the intermittent "appearances" of Mel Gibson!!!! It was fitting as the Hatter rallied the troops with a Brave Heart to overcome the Red Queen. And the Cheshire Cat was portrayed perfectly!!!! I love, love, love this movie... had the White Queen been omitted, this movie would have gotten many High Fives.

P.S. While I harshly said that I felt Ms. Hathaway gave a LOUSY performance, I do not believe that it was entirely her fault.
Mr. Burton/Mr. Bruckheimer, PLEASE do not have other actors attempt what Mr. Depp has perfected. I was getting that the White Queen was gravely attempting a Good-Witch-Wizard-Of-Oz-esque character. Ms. Hathaway doesn't have it....
Had the character of the White Queen been portrayed like the character in Through The Looking Glass, Ms. Hathaway MAY have been able to pull it off. That is all.

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...