Skip to main content

Serious Values For Such An Unconventional Story

I never made it to the theaters for the screening of Twilight which is odd. I'm totally into the whole romanticism of vampires (not the demon stories so much as the forever love stories) and really enjoy teen movies. Don't judge!

It was not until after Twilight was out of the theaters that I found out that the author of the book by the same title (Stephanie Myers) is a mormon. Interesting. I am not a mormon, but since I have many friends who are, I have gotten a little glimpse into their values and beliefs.... love story you say? Very Interesting. I then did a little research and found out that this love story is the old fashion kind, the kind that I LOVE. You know, the kind where two people actually get to know each other and don't give too much of themselves away... what!?! This is a vampire story right? Ok, so I'll cut to the chase. I just bought this movie (sight unseen) and am set to pick it up at 11:00 p.m. this evening at the release party being held at the video store. Yes, this DVD debut is being rolled out at a release party full on with a costume contest (character make-up encouraged) and "good guy/bad guy" debate. I think the thing is going to be catered as well. Wow! This is going to be an experience. Someone mentioned that Stephanie Myers was even going to make an appearance at the video store on the west side, I think they said that she lives in AZ. This is beyond crazy and is building the suspense to see this film. But I am a sucker for a good love story and even more of a sucker for a VAMPIRE LOVE STORY!!! This better not suck (pardon the puns... overkill)!
Edit Note: Apparently I cannot pick this DVD up until midnight. The party starts at 11:00 p.m. for anyone who might be going. Wanted to make sure that the correct info is out there. Also, the Stephanie Myers appearance is a rumor...

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...