Generally speaking, I like music from all genres. Some days you'll catch me listening to classical, other days I'm listening to country. But during workouts, I've gotta have a beat. The rhythm has got to match my heart rate which, if I'm having a good workout, is somewhere between 130-160. I'm sorry but in this particular situation classical, country... not even alternative music is going to do the trick. So I went in search of "My Ultimate Playlist". The songs that inspire me to work and sweat. These are the songs that make it fun. But where did I start? That one's easy; it had to have a beat. Then it had to inspire me to workout in one form or another. Here is my playlist. Feel free to steal it! I will attach little notes as to why I chose that particular song.
1. Justin Timberlake, SexyBack and Damn Girl. The rhythms for these songs are amazing, but more importantly these songs remind me why I'm working out in the first place.
2. Rihanna, Don't Stop The Music and Disturbia. These two songs get the blood pumpin and inspire me to move.
3. Usher, Yeah. Good beat.
4. Black Eyed Peas, Pump It. In my opinion, this song is the PERFECT workout song.
5. Pussycat Dolls, Wait A Minute. Another one with a really good beat.
6. Christina Aguilera, Keeps Getting Better. This song changes my mood when I wake up and DON'T want to workout. LOVE IT!
7. Britney Spears, Me Against The Music and Do Somethin. Again, these two songs are the PERFECT work out songs. I feel that way when I'm working out... competition with the music. And 'Do Somethin'? Well, come on! That one's pretty self explanatory!!
8. G n' R, Welcome To The Jungle. Another one that's pretty easy to see why it's on my playlist.
9. Charlie's Angels Full Throttle Soundtrack, Feel Good Time and Saturday Night's Alright. Both have great BPM, but more importantly they inspire strength. I feel stronger when I'm working out to those tunes!
Ok everyone. That is my workout playlist. If you have any to add, please let me know as my search for the perfect workout playlist is not over. I'm looking for more than just dance music. I'm looking for inspiration and motivation.