Skip to main content

Afraid Maybe, But Still Neutral!


I posted a blog a couple of days ago about the Bountiful Baskets. I talked about all the beautiful organic produce I received. Well, for a moment I was afraid... very afraid. Part of the bounty I received included some really weird leafy green that had red stems. I had never seen anything like that before (at least I don't think I have...). After a little research I discovered that it was swiss chard. Ok, now what? I then "Googled" how one goes about preparing swiss chard and the online consensus seemed to be to saute it for the best flavor. And when I say saute, I mean saute in butter. THAT was not going to work for me. So today after starting the roast in the crock pot I decided to get a little creative. I chopped up garlic and cut up the chard and put them both in the same bowl to marry. What can I say, I'm a romantic! LOL. When the roast was done, I removed it from the pot and added the cut up chard, garlic and all into the still hot broth in the pot. The broth consisted of water, garlic, onions, celery, fresh cracked black pepper, olive oil and sea salt that had stewed the roast all day. Yes, my house smelled WONDERFUL!!! I left the garlic/chard in the hot broth for about 5, maybe 8 minutes, just until the leaves where slightly wilted and then removed and served with the roast. Oh, I almost forgot! The time that the chard spent in the crock pot was the same amount of time that the roast, that I had removed right before, spent in the broiler. I don't need to tell you how wonderful tonight's dinner was. Organic pot roast with organic and fresh stewed swiss chard. The picture speaks a thousand words. Ok, it was AMAZING!!!! :)

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...