Skip to main content

THE Latest and Greatest Diet Program!

Diet programs come and go and are usually accompanied by an instruction book of some sort. Atkins, Southbeach, Volumetrics.... they all have them and all of them claim to have proven success. Well gang, I have the latest and greatest! This diet program has been around for a very long time, but often gets overshadowed by the latest fad. But THIS program works! And the instruction book can be found for FREE at every library, most hotels and every church building. That's right, it's the Bible. I am doing a Bible study on proper nutrition and so far, it's great! We first established that our bodies are the temple of the living God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Do you not know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" Then we are asked, what are you doing to your body to steal away your health. God has already healed us all, it's already done. It is ours for the taking. Isiah 53:5 says, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed." Key word to note here is "are" healed. So if it's already a done deal, why do so many christians get sick and die? We always pray for others to BE healed, but according to God, we already are. What's up? Well, that leads me to Exodus 15:26, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians for I am the Lord who heals you." Well, there you have it. The condition for our healing. Do you know that you do not have to be born again to reap the benefits of that promise. It's that way for ALL of God's promises, whether you are saved or not. You will reap what you sow; if you give ear to his commandments, do what is right in his sight and keep all his statutes, you will live a long healthy life. That's what the Bible says. It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that his blessings are reserved for the people who are saved. The Bible says that salvation/eternal life is the only agreement/covenant/meeting of the minds that is offered to people who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The how to's and where for's can be observed by anyone and anyone will reap the benefits. I say test it! Any non believer out there, tithe the first 10% of everything you are blessed with (otherwise known as earnings) and see if God doesn't bless you even more. You don't have to be saved for any of this to work. The same holds true with your health and healing. And when you find out that God's way of life really works, and you want to "make a deal" or "enter into contract with God", salvation and life eternal is yours for the taking. Some would tell you that it's an all or nothing deal, that trials with God's promises negate the spirit of salvation. I do not believe that. God tells us to test Him. Thomas questioned Jesus, did that negate his salvation? I personally believe that God does not want us lukewarm. He knows how important being a willing participant in this covenant/contract is for everlasting life. Because that is what it really is. It IS the road less travelled. It IS an agreement to give your body, mind, spirit and life over to God. He loved you so much, He gave you free will and you are basically giving it back to him. Other than giving the body and blood of your only son to Him.... that is pretty much the ultimate gesture of love that we have the ability to give. Wow! What a profound thought! And the circle keeps going from there. Because you give Him your free will and he gives you life forever, your death is no longer death but birth into yet another amazing life with God. But all the promises of life on this earth that are found in the Bible are there for EVERYONE believer or non believer. You follow God's statutes and you will be blessed whether you believe in Him or not (health, wealth, all of it). Sorry I segued off topic here, but I believe it's important for people to understand what salvation really is. To many people try to "sell" salvation in recruiting efforts, but that is not what salvation is. People don't need to be sold, they need to be informed. There's nothing to sell, it's already been bought and paid for.
Well, here is where I've left off in the Bible study: Jesus cleansed the temple to get rid of the "thieves". How many thieves are in your life?
I will pick up on this when I've got a little further in the study book. Just so everyone knows, this Bible study is from a book by Dr. Richard H. Mays titled The Bible Diet. Great read so far!

Resources Sponsor ----> http://tinyurl.com/ojco7q "Learn To Study The Bible"

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th