Skip to main content

To Hire or Not To Hire

This is a repost from my myspace blog from last year regarding MY thoughts on whether someone should hire a personal trainer to get in shape or not. Since that blog post, I had the incredible pleasure of meeting Heather of SmashFit.com... she founded this national service that actually matches you up with your perfect local fitness trainer based on YOUR needs. I call Heather the fitness cupid! I hope you enjoy this post and I will be sure to include a link at the end so that you can check out SmashFit.com too! :)
Ok, so I was asked some time ago (by a certain someone...you know who you are) who was wanting to tone up and get in shape, if she should hire a personal trainer; I thought I would take a minute and share my response.
Based on her needs (wanting to tone up and get in shape), my answer is YES! But why spend the money? Think of all the things in this life we invest in. We invest in cars, homes, other people. I don't understand why people think it crazy to invest in yourself. Most of the things we invest in are replaceable...our health is not. But this takes me to another question: how serious are you to get fit and tone? To lose weight? In all walks of life we pay professionals to do what we could do on our own....why? We could sell our own home, but we hire realtors. We could file our own paperwork for divorce, but we hire attorneys. We could do or learn to do our own oil changes, but we hire mechanics. I know the answer to this. It's because a professional (in most cases) can get the job done quickly, efficiently and most importantly: correctly. I cannot seem to grasp, in my own mind, why building our bodies should be any different.
Again, how serious are you? Where does your motivation lie? Every athlete has a coach. People who are genetically predisposed to perfect fitness, perfect form and get PAID (millions) to be that way have coaches. Come on! These people are fitness experts in their own right....THEY have trainers. What makes anyone believe that we are any less important or that our own fitness goals are any less important. The great news is we do not get paid to be in shape. And unlike the professional athletes, we do not have to pay a trainer for the rest of our career lives. We only pay them until we reach our goals and learn what we need to learn to maintain. It's a very short term investment and in my opinion, the best investment you can make.
FYI...personal training does not have to be terribly expensive. I just read a great article in Bella Online called Hiring A Personal Trainer that has really good information and a couple of tips on keeping the personal training from breaking your bank. Another good article I read recently was written by a personal trainer and might help you decide how you are motivated: Training Psychology and The Old Saying No Pain, No Gain. Good luck to everyone and I wish you all happiness and health. Here is the link to SmashFit.com... be sure to tell Heather FitterTwit sent you! ;) She's expecting you!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...