Skip to main content

Halloween Music

I spent this past weekend listening to Halloween music while decorating my house. Every year the Halloween festivities in my house starts in September and runs well past October 31st, so I need quite a bit of music to make it through this holiday season. I thought I would share with you my Halloween playlists (yes, I have more than one.... you're probably guessing right now that I'm a FREAK for Halloween) to get you through the holiday as well.

HALLOWEEN PARTY
  • Anything from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Monster Mash of course
  • Ghost Busters
  • The entire Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack
  • That Old Black Magic
  • Witchcraft.... CLASSIC

CANDY GIVING - aside from the GREAT creepy sound clip cd's (creeking doors, witches laughing, etc.) there are some really great instrumental Halloween cd's that'll conjure memories and make all the ghoulies smile.

  • Charlie Brown Theme
  • Twilight Zone Theme
  • Jaws Theme (this one makes me laugh... hard!)
  • Psycho soundtrack
  • Friday the 13th soundtrack
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula soundtrack
  • The Omen Soundtrack
  • The Exorcist - Theme from Tubular Bells

THE PRIVATE COLLECTION - these are just my favorite artists.... honestly, I listen to some of them year round. but they make Halloween feel like Halloween. Their music is incredible!

  • Sarah Brightman - her voice is beautiful, amazing and often eerie.
  • Nox Arcana - music with haunting sound effects. Beautiful and scary at the same time.... my Halloween staple! It's not Halloween without Nox Arcana!
  • Mediaeval Baebes - voices combined with percussion mainly... different and wonderful!
  • Haggard - German band with the most amazing music! This one is a MUST LISTEN! Scary, beautiful and something you've never heard before! It's like metal and classical, thrash and symphony... even that description isn't right!
  • Midnight Syndicate - I am listening to the Vampyre album right this second (and The 13th Hour is set to play next... LOL). They are my all time Halloween favorite! :)

This is pretty much what you'll find me listening to until Christmas! hahahahaha!

Comments

WriterMarie said…
Love Sarah Brightman year round too! Our cable TV has those Music Choice Channels, and the holiday one should start playing Halloween music soon! :o)r
FitterTwit said…
PLEASE let me know if you hear any great Halloween songs that I don't have on my list here. I LOVE Halloween, so of all my lists... this one should be the most complete! ;)

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...