Skip to main content

10 Minutes and a Cricut

Got 10 minutes and a Cricut? That's how long this card took me. I pulled out my Cricut and put in the Christmas Cheer cartridge. I pulled scraps of paper from my scrap bin (about 2" squares) and placed them on my cutting mat. I set my cut size to 1 1/2 inches and cut the bulbs in the various colors and the bulb tops in black. I then changed the cut size to 1 1/4 inches and recut the bulb tops on a grey cardstock. I then took the smallest straight acrylic stamp from the Clear Dollar Stamps Plaid Set and arranged it on an acrylic block in a snake pattern and stamped that onto the card for the wire for the lights. I attached a straight piece of black cardstock at around 1 1/2 inches along the bottom and glued a ribbon in place. Then I ran all the pieces of the bulbs through the Xyron create-a-sticker, assembled the bulbs and adhered the bulbs along the "wire". I used the Stampin Up All Year Cheer III and stamped Merry Christmas on top. I finished this card by adding small hash marks to the tops of the bulbs and added a dot of stickles (I LOVE that stuff!). This card is super quick and really cute!

For more great Cricut cutting projects, check out http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com/
It's a new blog devoted to die cutting and they are currently giving away two Provo Craft Gypsies, so be sure to check them out!

**Note: The 10 minute project time did not include preparing my work space. :)

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...