Skip to main content

Read Your Labels, Stay Informed

After watching Food Inc. in HORROR of the fact that large food companies are getting themselves appointed to the VERY regulatory government seats that are supposed to regulate their safety practices, it occurs to me how important it is to stay informed America! That means removing the rose colored glasses and realizing that your government DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH! Realize that your health is ONLY your responsibility... NO ONE is going to care for you but you. So a good place to start is to simply read labels. Make sure that the food you are buying is organic. If you are buying food labelled "natural" or "all natural", chances are you are buying chemically tainted food.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates and defines food labeling as follows: Natural - Food labeled "natural," according to the USDA definition, does not contain artificial ingredients or preservatives and the ingredients are only minimally processed. However, they may contain antibiotics, growth hormones, and other similar chemicals.

All Natural: The USDA does not define foods labeled "all natural" as any different than those labeled "natural." Foods with this labeling are probably not any different than "natural" foods and may not be regulated as they are not defined by the USDA. ~ What Do Food Labels Really Mean

For those of you who did just remove those rose colored glasses, there are a few things that you need to understand while staying informed. 1) Big companies have already positioned themselves in government seats to gain control of regulations. 2) Large companies are now buying up the small companies that were once so devoted to real all natural and organic products. Prime example is Clorox who purchased Burt's Bees. Yes, America! Burt's Bees is actually Clorox. 3) The regulations and laws being written are leading to government and big company profits... NOT to your health. And finally, please keep in mind that they have ALREADY defined "natural" and "all natural" as being able to contain harmful chemicals and toxins. It makes perfect sense that they WILL do that to "organic" as well, now that they are seeing the consumer switch and are in the powerful government seats to do so. In my opinion, that is the EXACT reason they are gaining control of predominantly "organic" and "all natural" companies and operating "under the radar". They are positioning themselves so that when they REDEFINE "organic"... they will already be in position to control the marketplace. Consumers will not be able to help but purchase their poisons. Please America... just stay informed.

From here on out I WILL be staying away from ANYTHING labelled "USDA ORGANIC" opting instead for food items listed as "100% ORGANIC" only. After seeing Food Inc.... the USDA means nothing to me regarding my health and safety.

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...