Skip to main content

OOOO I Love A Good Project!

Could you imagine living a life that is garbage free???? Wow! There are people doing it! In a previous blog post, I talked about the pretty small changes I'm making to make my world a better place, but then I read about these people who are REALLY making a difference and it truly blows me away. I mean to the point that I too want to make a difference too.

Well, there is yet another couple who is working to rid their lives of garbage for one whole year. I would think that after a year of learning how to live garbage-free, that it would just become a way off life. And maybe that's what they're hoping for. That's what I'm hoping FOR them! :)

They just started their Green Garbage Project last month (in July) and will be sharing weekly how the efforts are going. What perfect timing! They expect to have tips and tricks to share, so it will certainly be worth tuning in. I'm hoping that they talk about the ENTIRE process: the good, the bad... and the ugly! I really want to hear about the transformation. And with the obesity crisis in America... I AM curious to find out if a garbage free lifestyle lends itself to a "thinner" life. No one has talked about that (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I would love to know if one has something to do with the other. My husband and I had a discussion about the topic of our trash after I first heard about this couple and he said that he clearly remembers having, maybe, two bags of trash a week... and that was in a household of 6 KIDS! Now some areas pick up trash twice a week with completely full trash cans. I'm seeing that the garbage is a little out of hand.
I gotta tell you... their story and others like it, have me so inspired. I REALLY want to share their journey! In fact... here's a little goodie to get us all started! A newspaper origami trash can liner (or a recycle bin liner)... diagram here. I really hope that this couple changes everyone's minds and everyone's lives! What a wonderful project to save the earth and bring a couple closer together! This couple has some serious bonding ahead! LOL! This post really is ALL ABOUT Fun and Mental Changes!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...