Skip to main content

The Fifth Time's The Charm

I am a HUGE fan of fasting for health, but what about those who fast for spiritual connection? Was I always a fan of fasting? No! As a matter of fact, there was a time when I thought I would never be able to fast at all. First of all, I LOVE food and second, I usually get sick if I skip meals. So when my sister introduced me to The Master Cleanse, explaining that the lemonade that is utilized for the cleanse is consumed throughout the day providing calories and energy, I was seriously on board.

The first time that I tried The Master Cleanse, I was amazed at how easy it was... and how hard. I obsessed about food the first three days of the fast, but realized that I never felt hungry. There were days of super low energy and days that I felt like I could move a mountain. And I suppose I was moving a mountain because by day seven I was in utter shock that I had gone that many days without eating. But what was really interesting is that I discovered why people fast for spiritual connection.

By day four of the fast, I felt a very odd sense of peace... the only word I can use to describe how I felt was "Zen". I have never felt anything like it and the feeling was enough to make me want to do the cleanse again a year later. The second time I did the cleanse, I traded out my soap, shampoo and toothpaste with all natural (non toxic) products. A year after that, I did the cleanse and afterward Incorporated raw food into my diet. About a year after that, I did the cleanse again, always hitting "Zen" by day four. THIS TIME, on top of everything that I had done in previous years, I will be exercising daily and meditating daily. My meditation time will be devoted to connection with God. I will pray and work to capitalize on the Zen experience. If it has served others before me... I want to learn how. Let's see if the fifth time's the charm! Has anyone else out there done the Master Cleanse? Do you reach "Zen"? Anyone choose the Master Cleanse for spiritual fasting?

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...