Skip to main content

Twitter Freak!


I've gotten heavily involved with Twitter as of late, but had a very hard time explaining why. I was asked, " What is Twitter and why do you like it?" Ok, well, Twitter is a way to communicate. It asks you what you are doing and you explain in 140 characters or less. Stop! I've revised! Here is my answer:

"I am officially a Twitter Freak! Twitter is, in my opinion, the greatest form of communication there is. As a matter of fact, if husbands and wives could communicate solely through Twitter, I believe that the marriage rate would increase because of it. Yes, I said that I'm a FREAK! But let me tell you why. Twitter asks, 'What are you doing right now?' But what you are doing now means very little in the Twitter world. Tweeple (the people you talk to on Twitter) want to know, 'What do you think right now.' That is the true beauty of Twitter. It is multiple on-going discussions with many people simultaneously and SERIOUSLY entertaining! You have the option to just listen in on other's conversations or participate. It is beyond cool!

So here's why I believe it could help every marriage.... How many times have you talked to someone who added WAY more info to the conversation than was needed to get the point across? Well, I tend to be one of those people. I am a talker. And when confined to 140 characters to convey a thought, I find that I speak far more efficiently. Something I know that any husband would appreciate. Also, what you say can be viewed by everyone (there are privacy settings, but generally people tend to speak freely... another aspect that I love). Talk about putting your thoughts out into the universe!!! This is an amazing forum to insight some real positive change. It promotes communication in every facet of your life from work to home to school with strangers, family, co-workers, friends... the list goes on. I can actually sit down at my computer and in about an hour connect with over 100 people in real time. And at the same time, those 100 people can forward my 140 character or less thoughts out to 100 people that they're connected to. That is some serious compounded communication. But beware here. If you communicate the wrong things, it can also cause some negative change. Say to 100 people that you hate dogs and watch 10,000 dog lovers cut you right out of the Twitter community. The power of the followers to 'unfollow'!"

The one thing that I would like to see change is what Tweeple on Twitter are called. I think the 'followers' catagory should be changed to 'connected to' or 'unconnected'. I've never considered myself a follower by any stretch of the word and have always associated the word 'follower' as being kind of negative. And after all, isn't that what communication is all about... the people we connect with or don't connect with? Just some food for thought for the Twitter folks. Or better yet, they can change the category to "freaks" and "others". Just kidding of course. Yah, I'm a FREAK... on Twitter!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...