Skip to main content

I Did It!!!

See, now this is what I'm talkin about when I talk about duplication! Casual Lavish has an amazing tutorial video posted for a nail polish technique called water color (?). This tutorial is so good that the pic you see here was taken after a first try! For such a pretty effect, you wouldn't think it would be super easy... but it is! It involves applying two colors of polish while the polishes are still wet. Very interesting! And it turned out beautiful! First try<--- No Joke! Step one: Applied base coat and one coat of green. Let dry completely between coats. Step two: Applied a second coat of green, immediately pulling the polish brush out of the cream color bottle and letting one drip of cream polish drip onto the still wet green polish. Once the wet cream droplet hits the wet green, you will see the cream sort of spread out on the surface of the nail. Step three: Dry cream color polish brush on a paper towel and with it brush over the cream polish mixing the two colors together. I found that brushing upwards across the bottom half of the nail and then brushing upwards on the top half of the nail gave me a very pretty "marble" look. I had to clean the cream polish brush a couple of times during the process on each nail. But just keep playing with it until you get the desired look. Here's mine. Be sure to clean the brush very well before putting it back in the bottle so you don't accidentally mix the two colors in the cream bottle. Here's what mine looked like.

Step four: I finished with a Konad Nail Art Stamp. Super easy, but you wouldn't think so to look at it!


**Everyone... don't forget about the nail polish give away. You have until June 15th! Here's the link. And 20% off Konad with free shipping on orders over $20 at http://store.ocnailart.com/. Use discount code "MENTAL" at checkout! :)

Comments

Kathleen said…
Oooohhhh I like! Nice work!!!!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...