Skip to main content

Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans

I don't know about you, but I used to LOVE chocolate covered coffee beans from Starbucks. They also used to carry the chocolate covered cherries too, but the coffee beans gave you that bonus buzz that nothing (but their coffee) could compare to. I rarely drink coffee, but today I got an overwhelming craving for those dang coffee beans. Was it the sweetness of the chocolate, the bitterness of the coffee bean or the rush that I wanted? No matter, I whipped me up a little chocolate covered coffee bean of my own... sort of.

Chocolate Covered Coffee Bean Shake

1 serving of Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Myoplex Lite)
1 1/2 tsp. of decaffeinated instant coffee crystals
4 oz. cold bottled water
4 oz. almond milk
1 oz. dark chocolate (I used Raw Dark Cacao)
Ice Cubes (I used about 6)

In blender, combine all ingredients, blend on high and enjoy. I used my Magic Bullet (cuz I love it) and it turned out amazing. It was almost like the ice made the cacao break into pieces so when I drank the shake I got to chew on those little bitter chocolate pieces. Mixed with the sweetness of the vanilla flavored Myoplex and the kick from the protein, it was almost as if I was enjoying those chocolate covered coffee beans right then and there! Yep, it was pretty freakin great! I hope you all enjoy one!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...