Skip to main content

Is There Really a Contest?


I spent this morning playing with my markers. I pulled out an old digital stamp that I had colored a while back using my Stampin Up markers. Wow... it seems like FOREVER ago that I was coloring with those markers when really it was just a matter of months. And then I got my Copic markers and suddenly my $120 set of Stampin Up markers went forgotten! I pictured, for a second, what my life would have been like in third grade if I discovered Copic markers back then. Considering the entire third grade class shared communal markers, I imagine I would have learned how to fight! hahahahahahaha!
Anyway, I got to work this morning coloring the same digi using my Copics and every stroke confirmed to me that my Copic markers were worth the continuing and ever growing investment. The gradient coloring options and the blendability of the Copic markers makes whatever project you are working on come to life in such a magical way! I'm going to be holding a Copic class on September 25 and I'm seriously considering taking this morning's little gem with me.
What do you guys think? Is there really any contest between the two (click on pic to see greater detail)?

Comments

You know what, I think they're both gorgeous. I suck at using markers and chalks. However, the copic colored stamp definitely has wonderful shading and nuances that the Stampin up stamp doesn't. That said, I would still be delighted if I could replicate the Stampin Up one. You do great work.
FitterTwit said…
OMGosh! FLAMENCO! You are SO NICE! Thank you so much for the kind words... I'm blushing! :)
Chris said…
Huge differences BUT I really like both of them. I love the hair on the SU one because it reminds me so much of kids nowadays and their hair colors...but the hair on the Copic one is SOO natural.
FitterTwit said…
Thanx Chris... that really IS what I love about Copics! :)
Oh my gosh I really need to get copics...i have only one...i am going to try and figure out how to get them on sale.

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...

Gorgous Leaves Bundle Revisited

Yestday's Freebie Friday on a Monday projects were so fun and this set is SO BEAUTIFUL in it's simplicity!  It reminds me of a long-retired stamp set from Stampin Up!.  I was inspired to re-create the projects that I made with it once upon a time.  So here we go.... SIMPLE projects when you need a quick "hello" or an even quicker heartfelt sympathy card: I was DEFINITELY on a Bumblebee and Cajun Craze kick yesterday!  I can't stop/won't stop!  LOL!  To be fair... I had extra leaves die cut and didn't want anything to go to waste!  A quick speckle backdrop in Bumblebee then a quick "hello" greeting from the Biggest Wish in Cajun Craze with the Cajun Craze leaf popped up on a Basic White cardbase.  PERFECTION! Okay, as with yesterday's projects, the sentiment is from the recently retired SAB Delicate Dahlia's set, but you could use ANY sympathy sentiment you have in your stash.  Unlike in the past when I had to mask off the center rectangle...