So my makeup was done in purples and blues (Yeah baby... that's blue mascara!!!! Hello, 1980's!) using colors from my new Day, Night, Play Palette Purse I just got from Ulta. This thing is AWESOME and quite a find. It's on sale right now, buy one get one half off.... just in time for Halloween dress up!!! I actually used a coupon and got it for around $20, so it fit my quickly dwindling Halloween budget but made for quick work of putting this light fairy look together. Check it out:
Check out that wig!!! I LOVE THAT WIG!!! Believe it or not, that purple and white wig is a wig that I picked up at my local grocery store for $6.00!!! Here's what I did to make it my own!!!
- Buy a cheap-ass wig.
- Soak in hot tap water with 1 cap full of fabric softener for 30 minutes (DO NOT USE BOILING WATER!!!! Cheap-ass wigs melt!)
- Drape the wig cap over the bathroom shower nozzle so that the hair of the wig hangs upside down to dry (this helps to give your wig volume)
- Once it's mostly dry (about 3 hours), put on wig and secure to your head using bobby pins
- Use a WIDE toothed comb to style and detangle
- OPTIONAL: watch THIS video and follow instructions to cut and shape your new wig... How To Cut Your Own Hair
- Hairspray the crap out of your wig so it stays in place