Skip to main content

Yes, I'm A Twilight Addict

I remember when Dirty Dancing first hit theaters. At the time everyone was surprised that the box office numbers for this movie were through the roof! Never underestimate a good romance. And it will only go up from here! Women, who are already suffering with romance deprivation from the hustle and bustle of families, work and daily life, now contend with the added distraction of technology and gaming... ESPECIALLY gaming. So when a good romantic storyline presents itself, those same romance deprived women (who are now ravenous) are SURE to send it right through the box office stratosphere. Now are we REALLY surprised that the newest installment of the Twilight Saga: Eclipse, will be breaking box office records this opening weekend? I'm not surprised at all! In fact, I'd say that if you produce movies in ANY other genre, drop what you are doing and jump on the romance wagon. As more and more "gamers" enter adulthood knowing only how to interact with computers and game consoles, there will be more and more girls entering womanhood in NEED of a "romantic fix" and most of us get that fix through books and movies.

Speaking of which, I hate to cut this post short, but it's time for MY fix... time for me to get ready for my 9:00 a.m. showing of Eclipse. TEAM JACOB BABY!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I will forgive the Twilight-er-ness since you are anti-edward. But I'm still gonna stick with Dirty Dancing ;)
FitterTwit said…
Oh that Dirty Dancing is STILL the romance to beat all romances, isn't it!?! LOL! "NO ONE puts Baby in a corner!" hahahahahaha!

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...