Skip to main content

Yo Quiero Taco Bell??? Not Yet!

While I do not think it's ok for Taco Bell to run a "Taco Bell Diet" or "Drive Thru Diet" campaign, I can say that after reading Christine's journey, Taco Bell is moving in the right direction! For a fast food chain to FINALLY get that we need truly healthy options is wonderful. But my concern about promoting those healthier options this way is that we are feeding (pardon the pun) the nation's obesity epidemic with yet ANOTHER fad. When in reality, this change that Taco Bell is making could actually usher in a new America (similar to what Subway did! Now THAT'S fast food I can stand behind).... But it doesn't look like it's going that way at all.

Taco Bell's Fresco menu is a brilliant FIRST STEP! Replacing sauces and cheese with pico de gallo is a huge step in the right direction. But it's NOT Subway!!! Subway offers REAL healthy options with whole wheat bread and TONS OF VEGGIES. We REALLY need to be asking: what's IN that Fresco item beyond the pico de gallo? How is the meat REALLY prepared? And why can't they offer low carb whole wheat tortilla as an option as well? Yes America... Taco Bell is heading in the right direction.... but we're not there yet. And Taco Bell might want to rethink how they are selling this because fads come and fads GO whereas "Taco Bell's Making Healthy Changes" could move them to corner their market and change the way America eats forever! Subway did it beautifully! I would definitely encourage Taco Bell to rethink their marketing.

If Taco Bell REALLY made that Fresco menu healthy (REAL grilled chicken with no additives and low carb whole wheat tortillas), I can honestly say that I would be in line weekly... as I am with Subway. Now, if I could just get Subway to go organic....

Here's another great perspective! Smallie Size Menu

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...