Skip to main content

Walk a Mile In My Shoes

You would be AMAZED at the small things that become unknowing road blocks on the road to your fitness goals... at least I was! Years ago I broke my ankle. I didn't just break it, I managed to shatter it to shards. It was in so many tiny pieces that the orthopedic surgeon said there weren't pieces big enough to even attempt to screw me back together. I STILL have visions of me, an egg and a wall. Well, that MAJOR road block was overcome with physical therapy and sheer will to overcome. But as of late I have been experiencing pain, other symptoms I didn't even realize existed and a pretty big decrease in motivation to workout that began quite some time ago. It's always the little things!

I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday. The birds now sing, the sky is blue and the world is right again with this one simple change. My new shoes made me feel like a million bucks INSTANTLY! As a matter of fact, THE TRIP to the shoe store.... The New Balance shoe store to be exact, changed everything. The wonderful salesman at the store was an EXPERT. Apparently he watched me walk into the store and made an assessment in that brief 30 second span of time. My first sentence was that I am working out quite a bit and need a new pair of shoes. He then proceeded to tell me that I walk with a slight roll outward on the right side. I told him that I had broken my ankle years back and did, in fact, have a slight roll when I walked due to restricted movement. Man, he was GOOD! He then took me over to the women's shoe rack and pointed to 3 pairs of sneakers and said that those were the only three he would recommend due to the stabilizers built into the shoe. The stabilizers would help to correct some of that rolling as well as help me strengthen the ankle simply because of them. Well, I was sold! He measured my feet and got me the new pair of shoes... he even put them on me! So not only was this guy an expert, but he was BRAVE as well! hahahahaha!

I HAD RELIEF INSTANTLY!!! My ankle stopped hurting, my walk was better and there was a relief of pressure that I didn't even know I had in BOTH of my feet. Not only was I overdue for a new pair of shoes, but apparently I was overdue for the RIGHT shoes. To my astonishment, I was in and out of The New Balance store in about 15 minutes and this morning I worked out with a vigor that I haven't had in months. Who knew that my lack of motivation had anything to do with shoes???? Who knew that a shoe expert was going to make the difference????

If you don't think that a great pair of shoes can change your life, go have a talk with Cinderella! <--- I love that quote.

Comments

Susie said…
I broke my ankle in a car accident 35 years ago. It gives me trouble when it is damp but I also do well with New Balance. :)
What pair exactly to you have? Maybe yours are better. :)
Nice blog,
Susie
FitterTwit said…
Susie, thanx so much!! I just got New Balance WX855WB, they are one of the few that have the stabilizers. I guess if I'm going to invite others to walk a mile in my shoes, it would be nice to include which ones! hahahahaha! Thanx so much for the helpful comment! :)
Susie said…
:) You're too funny. Thanks for telling me the kind. I should look into getting them. :)
Susie
Magoo said…
You are SO right fitter!!! I discovered new balance 4 years ago and have the ones for stabilizers for over pronaters (on the inside). I haven't had any hip pain since then and I ran a half marathon in Sept!

Wished we lived closer so we could work out together :(

have a great day!! :) :) :) :)
FitterTwit said…
OMGosh Magoo, I wish we did too! That would be so fun! :) I was JUST talking to someone about maybe doing a half marathon... funny!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...