Skip to main content

Slow But Sure Doesn't Always Win The Race!

For those who make small changes and take baby steps to achieve their goals but just can't seem to stick to it, I suggest that you strap on a parachute and jump! Sometimes (for some people) jumping into a new lifestyle is the greatest thing that you can do for yourself. At least it was for me. The small changes would only give me small results making it easy for me to quit or give up because I just wasn't making progress (I should clarify, s-l-o-w progress). But when I made one huge complete change I saw HUGE results and those results have been motivating me ever since. The other bonus to "jumping" was that I only had to "suffer" once. There was no, "a little suffer here....... a little suffer there" until one day I was transformed. For some people that works. For me, not so much. The ultimate decision to live my life differently was only tough for the first few weeks of LEARNING a new way to live, and it was while I was motivated to change and willing to "suffer" a little to get what I want. The one big adjustment seemed to be far less tougher than I thought it would be. Which makes perfect sense now as I look back at all the S-L-O-W agony I always felt from always feeling like I was taking something away while getting very little in return. Each and every week changing or depriving me of SOMETHING!!! But when I made one big change, it was like removing a bandage... quick, painful but over before I knew it. Amazingly enough, that was about the time that support started coming in BEFORE I could ask for it. It was like the universe decided to move the moment I decided that EVERYTHING was going to change. That new level of commitment made mountains start to move. So while slow but sure can and does work for many, if it doesn't work for you and you find yourself ALWAYS going back to your old habits, the BIG change might be just what you need. And the BIG results might just be the motivation to make your changes stick.

Good luck to all on our journeys to get our heart's desires....

****I dedicate this to my friend Heather who motivates me to no end and who graciously invited me into her world solidifying and supporting the big changes that I have made. For more wonderful inspiration, please check out SmashFit.com.

Comments

Coach Meg said…
AGREED! in capitals.... sometimes we are so afraid that we will not survive if we leap, we coddle ourselves into believing that little changes are good enough, and then throw those changes away when good enough is not working. We should always pursue excellence and well, that may mean jumping!!! in grand style!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...