Skip to main content

Consequences

DISCLAIMER: This blog post is not meant to offend anyone. These are my notes from a personal Bible study that I thought might help others out there as it has helped me. If you are dealing with someone who has made bad decisions in life, hurt or used people and is turning to God as a last resort, PLEASE let them know that they could not have come to a more perfect place (I know from PERSONAL experience)!!! But they should understand that while God has forgiven them and will provide guidance and strength, salvation does not remove consequences. This is a wonderful message to convey so that they can honestly test their own motivation for salvation. Are they looking for God to fix their situation, or are they looking for God to fix THEM?

Galatians 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the spirit reap eternal life.

God helps those who help themselves.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 - For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Proverbs 20:4 - The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

Proverbs 21:25 - The desire of the sluggard KILLS him, for his hands refuse to labor.

PLEASE do not use Christianity for monetary gain or to take advantage of others.

Proverbs 20:11 - Even a child makes himself known by his acts, by whether his conduct is pure and upright.

Matthew 12:33 - Either make the tree good and its fruit good or make the tree bad it its fruit bad for the tree IS KNOWN by its fruit.

Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

GREAT NEWS: If you genuinely want God in your life, while he won't take away your consequences, He WILL use those consequences to make your life amazing with a freedom BEYOND consequences, but you have to trust Him. That will all lead to some pretty incredible and wonderful consequences of their own.

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...