Skip to main content

It's Almost Here... And It Doesn't Have To Be Expensive


Ok gang.... Halloween is in exactly 49 days.... YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!  And I've got to tell you, I'm EXCITED!  You can probably tell from the pic.  I sort of did a "dry run" today.  I mean, it's not like I grabbed my trick-or-treatin-pail and hoofed it door to door in my neighborhood asking for candy. Although, I'm not gonna lie, I was tempted.  How could I not be after spending the day at my favorite local costume shop, Mardi Gras. I was tipped over the edge when my special order theatrical makeup arrived in the mail.  So here I am in all my vampyric glory.... well, minus the fangs.  Or maybe there ARE fangs?!?  I mean, check out those canines baby:


WHOA!  Extreme closeups make me look more like a werewolf than a vampire.  WOW.... I have some serious peach fuzz happenin here!!!  But this is a great pic to show just how doable an inexpensive costume can be.  Here I used three different shades of red lipsticks I already own to create the bloody chompers you see here, adding a streak of white eyeliner to highlight the blood.  All told, for about $40 I got makeup, wig and eyelashes.  I then used some of the makeup I currently own as well as my own barrettes to create a really fun vampire look.  I'm wearing a solid black outfit and intend on covering the whole thing with a black cloak.  Easy peasy!  Now, I already own the cloak, I think I got it for around $15 online.  But if I had a really tight budget, I could easily nix the cloak, do my own hair instead of buying a wig and invest in a really good liquid black eyeliner to make a look similar to this one for practically nothing (although my hair is red and I REALLY wanted black for Halloween<== insert whine here).  And there's ALWAYS eye shadows on sale at your local drug store for under $5.  For this look I used black, red, purple and white to create the smoky eyes finishing the look off with a few dots of red glitter next to the eyes (Elmers Glue is a Halloween freak's friend... that is EXACTLY how I adhered the glitter.  Make sure that you don't get glue in your eyes, but it works great and washes off easily).  See how cheap a fun costume can be?!?


Before I go, I do want to add that the contacts I'm wearing are sort of the piece de resistance for my Halloween costume this year.  But I already owned them too so I didn't have to invest any additional money.  But just for you guys I checked and the company where I got my contacts is having an AWESOME Halloween sale (I don't know how long the sale will run), so check them out: click HERE.  I remember receiving really great service, super fast shipping and their contacts have lasted me about three years.  I only wear them for Halloween, but they are VERY comfortable and easy to care for as long as you store and care for them properly.  Here's the BEST video I've seen on how to use these really fun contacts:  How To Insert and Remove Halloween Contact Lenses.

Ok, that does it.  I'll finish this off with a link to my 2009 costume that also featured these really fun contacts so you guys know I'm not joshin ya:  click HERE.  IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!

Comments

Oh wait... ummmmmmmmmmmm I can see this pics better and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the eyes are AMBER ... ohhhhh which matches EDWARD'S EYES.... I am just saying VAMPIRE LOVER!!!!! hehehehehehehe... I just knew you were TEAM EDWARD!!! LOL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Love ya!!!!!!!!! And I am sooooooooooooo telling Jacob on you!!! *wink*
Tracy said…
Your makeup is awesome !!
Unknown said…
Great thrilling make you have done, amazing. Your lenses are really very cool and scary. It is going good with the make up.

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th