Skip to main content

I'm A Little Late

So sorry about missing the mark on this one gang!  I was supposed to post my project for Make It Colourful yesterday, but I'm getting over being sick on top of a HECTIC and EXCITING work week and then was invited to breakfast yesterday to find out that MY SON GOT ENGAGED!!!!  Yeah, it's been quite the eventful couple of weeks!  So I'm posting my project this morning since.... I start the Master Cleanse today and quite frankly could use a little diversion!  LOL!
So this project features this week's sponsor over at Make It Colourful, Whimsy Stamps.  The stamps I used are Whimsy stamp, Girl With Kitty and Make It Crafty's Crooked Picket Fence.  The background coloring is actually from a "doodle" page that I was doing while practicing with my new Copic airbrush system.  I ended up printing out the Crooked Fence over top of it and coloring in the fence to finalize it.  I think the background really turned out great and created it's own depth for this project!  It looks almost out of focus behind the bright coloring on the Girl With Kitty.  That's what made me think of the sentiment.... it looked like a picture.  Anyway, I'm sure you will get to see more of my "doodles" with my Copic airbrush down the road, as I'm still learning new techniques and experimenting with it.  Hopefully you can tell that the challenge this week over at Make It Colourful is shadows and depth.

Head over to Make It Colourful and check out what the rest of the design team made.  I really am surrounded by the most talented people!!!   Also the challenge prize this week is 5 DIGIS from our sponsor Whimsy Stamps!!!  Good luck to everyone who enters.... let's see what you do with shadows and depth!!!! 

Comments

Hedgehog Reader said…
That is adorable! And wow do you have a lot going on ~ Congratulations on your son's engagement! How exciting! And good luck with your cleanse!
Debra said…
Stunning!!!I LOVE Make it Crafty. It will be another 10 years before I try the air gun. I have to learn to use the markers first LOL
Marlene said…
Your card is super cute!

Congrats to you on your son's engagement. How exciting!
This is such a great card and I love how you did that background! The way you colored the girl from Meljen's makes it look like it's a different style of stamp - love that! So glad were on the same team. ;D *Hugs

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...