Skip to main content

US Governments... Acquire The Taste

This 4th of July has been seriously tainted for me... like it was exposed to E-coli! I have an unbelievable discouragement for our government, the American people and the state of our union that is just exacerbated by news reports that financially strapped states are proposing to require sales tax on items purchased online. This report aired minutes after a news report of local cities looking to cut MORE emergency services because our "local governments can't afford" to pay salaries. But yet, I drive down my own city's main street to see multi-million dollar government buildings being erected.**
I'M SICK OF IT!!! Why is no one talking about the REAL issue with our economy today???? Our governments are not being held accountable for their spending!!! Money is being wasted at a time when there IS NONE! And instead of our governments perfecting the fine art of budgeting (which REQUIRES that spending habits must change as financial flow changes), they continue their spending while looking for ways for their abusive spending to be funded... in the form of "cuts" (why would anyone cut emergency services right now?) and "taxes". But our government officials are STILL getting their raises, taking their vacations and wasting OUR money.

The rest of us have had to change our spending! Instead of steak, we now eat ground chuck. We cancelled vacations, took on second jobs and looked for ways to make our dollars stretch while government WILL NOT!!! GOVERNMENT: STOP proposing ANYTHING other than learning to make the most of the dollars you are ALREADY receiving! This July 4th, dig deep into the fabric that is supposed to make America great! When 80% or better of every tax dollar is only covering overhead... there is a problem that cannot be fixed with cuts anywhere but where the financial abuse lies. It cannot be fixed by throwing more money at it, because as the rest of us know (everyone but YOU, it seems), the more money you make, the more that gets spent. YOU (government) MUST LEARN WHAT THE REST OF US ARE LEARNING.... MAKE THE MOST OF THE DOLLARS YOU HAVE!!! STOP WASTING MONEY!!! Our economy has changed, the household spending has changed and so must YOUR spending. STOP LOOKING FOR OTHERS TO FUND THE CHANGES YOU REFUSE TO MAKE!!! LEARN TO EAT GROUND CHUCK! LEARN TO SPEND..... CORRECTLY!

** City of Chandler, AZ

Comments

Unknown said…
I know what you're talking about ... it's the same here in Slovenia ... they even rised taxes! For example 40% of our gas price goes to our government ,... 40%!!! And at the same time billion euros are going for really stupid things ...Eh.
Blu11 said…
It seems it's the same everywhere... They are getting fatter and we are getting cuts and more taxes! :(

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...