Skip to main content

Halloween In July

Ok, so this little gem took on a life of its own while I was coloring this cute little Victoria Case stamp called Magical Sophie. Now maybe it was the name of the stamp, or maybe it was the colors that I chose while coloring her, but this card ended up being one of the coolest Halloween cards I've ever made.

Now you all know how much I adore Halloween (don't you?), so isn't this image PERFECT for me!?! I had a blast coloring her too! Although I'm decided that I need to find the perfect paper for Copic coloring. I've been using Gina K, but with the amount of ink that I "lay down", I'm finding that the Gina K paper isn't holding all the ink that I use. I'm starting to get some pooling... which you can kind of see on this card here. I was just told about some Xpress-It paper (out of AU) that is supposed to work a lot better, but unfortunately, its not here in the US yet! DANG IT!!! I need to get my hands on some GOOD paper to use with my Copics. That's the new quest! I'll keep you updated....

Well, I think I'm done babbling today. Be sure to head over to The Town Scrapper and check out all the wonderful design creations from our Oh-So-Talented Scrapettes. The Town Scrapper is currently running some specials so feel free to kick Phebe (the owner of The Town Scrapper) an email at info@townscrapper.com.

Comments

Donna said…
awesome card Danielle, love those Halloween colors, such a shame they are only associated with Halloween as I love that color combo. Great job on the coloring, and love that Ms punch border.
hugs
Donna xx
chilli pip said…
Wedont celebrate Halloween but I think I might try a card in those colours they are great.
Robin McK said…
Lovin this Danielle! The papers and colours are awesome! And that use of Magical Sophie is very creative!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...