Skip to main content

Me and Pinterest


Seriously, how much do we love Pinterest!?!  A couple months back I pinned a video tutorial of this INSANELY cute alligator card and I FINALLY had time to make it today.  It features a 2014 Stampin Up Sale-a-Bration stamp set called See Ya Later (sorry folks, if you didn't already get it from Stampin Up, you're gonna have to peruse ebay) along with the Decorative Dots embossing folder also from the Sale-a-Bration.  To see the tutorial, click HERE.  But this isn't just about copying someone else's designs, this is about getting your hands dirty and trying something new to get your own mojo working.  I'm talking about inspiration


So here it is.... I MADE this adorable creature.  I didn't like the last line on the sentiment so I simply taped over it with scotch tape before inking.  AND THEN..... this little guy led to THIS little guy:


Not exactly perfect.  I used a Spellbinder's petite oval to round off the bottom.  I'm going to play with that a little.  A Stampin Up demonstrator friend of mine is going to bring me her Adorning Accents Edgelits.  I'm thinkin that just might be the perfect fix.  But until then, I'm pretty thrilled with how cute this is.


I think my favorite part of this little birthday note card is the fly (NOT a Stampin Up stamp BTW)!

Welp, back to Pinterest for more inspiration!!!!

Comments

OMYGOSH!!! These are sooooooooooo cute cute cute!!!!!!!

Past 7 Days....

Velcome To The Little Hop of HORRORS!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So I tried to make the title sound really spooky and ran out of room to include my evil laugh... hahaha! WELCOME HOPPERS! Are you thoroughly spooked and amazed? I know I am! You already know that today is the start of our Halloween celebration with a blog hop organized by my good friend Nicole of Canadian Nickel Scrap'n . If you're currently hopping, you should be arriving here from the Fabulous Eulanda's blog ... wasn't that Caramel Corn Box AWESOME?!? If you haven't arrived from Eulanda's blog and are just now joining us, hop to the bottom of this post for details on how the blog hop works. And now for my scary good fun before you head over to Gloria's blog on the next stop of this hop. Today I've got the "Welcome" sign that I will be hanging in my foyer this Halloween. I used my Simple Frame Gypsy cut file as well as the pumpkins and faces from the Pumpkin Carvings Seasonal Cricut Cartridge (just like the one I will be g...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private. ...