Spectrum Noir Blog. Not only did I FLOOD this card with texture, I also added a bit of texture to the Puppy Stampendous image to make him look furry. The technique is so very simple.... once you've colored the image, simply take your blender pen and stipple. Be sure not to over-stipple; remember that with the blender pen, the effect needs time to develop. But within seconds you get insta-fur!!! The Spectrum Noir colors I used were:
Dog: TN1, TN3, TN5, TN9 and EB8
Letter: IG1, IG2 and IG4
***eyes and nose were accented using sharpie and white gel pens
Other texture elements were in the different print papers I chose, the different fibers and the FUN stuff like..... I embossed a Vintaj charm in my Big Shot! I also "smooshed" a bottle cap in my Big Shot and made a fun metal embellishment. Here's how:
- Place your bottecap in the Big Shot between two clear plates. Make sure your multipurpose platform is set for embossing. When you run it through... it won't feel like anything happened, that's because the bottle cap is so small. :)
- Then, color the edges of the bottle cap gold (if needed). I used an American Crafts Gold Metallic Marker.
- Stamp sentiment and punch out using 1" circle punch. Chalk edges.
- Position in the center of the bottle cap.
- Finally, fill bottle cap with Glossy Accents and allow to dry.
- For those in a hurry, 1" epoxy stickers can be used over top of your sentiment... I just haven't found any epoxy stickers that last very long, so I've stopped using them.