Skip to main content

Crafting Cards For Soldiers

I just volunteered to make cards for our soldiers overseas (click on pics to enlarge). I love volunteering and I love crafting, so when the opportunity to combine the two presented itself... well, of course I was on-board! But I COULD NOT have done it without my Cricut and my Xyron 900. It would have taken me forever!

I spent the day working an assembly line to make these pretty cards inspired by Abby (thanx Abby!). First was the stamping, then the coloring with the water color pencils, then the blending with water, then the drying and embellishing all before cutting out each image.... twenty... 2.... 0.... But it just so happens that while I was doing all those steps, I was also cutting out my card fronts and mats on my cricut. See, the beauty of the Cricut is you can load and cut your paper and walk away while it's cutting. On top of that, I was able to plan out all of my cuts with my Gypsy which saved even more time and certainly more paper. Twenty cards were made in all and I think I might just have to make 20 more. Can you think of a better cause to craft?!? :)

If anyone else is interested in jumping on the Cards for Soldiers bandwagon, feel free to check out their site HERE. Their email address is right at the top of their blog, so feel free to contact them with any questions you may have or if you want to participate... which I hope you do! :D

Nothing beats the heart of a volunteer!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private. ...

Birthday/Bloggerversary Celebration!!!

WOO HOO!!!  Another blog hop!  I love these blog hops... filled with prizes, fun projects to see and a TON to learn.  This one is NO exception!  By now you should be arriving from Holly's AWESOME creation.  If you are just joining us, you will want to start our hop from the beginning ( HERE ) so you don't miss any of the blog hop goodness.  The blog candy up for grabs on this blog is TWO of the Skull Flower suckers like the one's pictured in Nicole's arrangement.  Just leave a comment on this post between now and the 7th for your chance to win.  I will pick the winner the evening of the 7th when the hop is over and post it on my blog.  Good luck everyone. So my holiday themed birthday project is... you guessed it... Valentines.  And I made this for our birthday girl/co-blog organizer Nicole, The Canadian Nickel.  Happy Birthday Nicole!!!  And thank you to my friend Barb for inspiring this blog hop project.  I used lots of...