Skip to main content

Target: The Decorator's Paradise

***CLICK THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM TO ENTER MY FAVORITE THINGS BIRTHDAY GIVE AWAY!!!***
 

I've looked EVERYWHERE for table settings that would match my tea set...the tea set that I got for my birthday some years back (see below), the tea set that not only inspired my love of tea but inspired the colors/decor of my entire home.  You really wouldn't expect that black and gold would be such a rare color combination, but apparently it is since I only JUST NOW found THE PERFECT 4-place setting...and of all places,  TARGET!  So these gorgeous place settings cost me all of about $40!  And that could have been lower if I would have gotten the stemware at the dollar store (seriously kicking myself for forgetting to check for the glass there first).  But regardless, 4 place settings for under $50 is a steal!

And you really can't see how beautiful that tea set is from this pic.... so at the end, I'll post the original pic that Teavana originally had in their online store.  Unfortunately, you can't get this set anymore and that makes it even THAT more special.  It is fun remembering back to that birthday and how all my friends conspired to get it for me.  One friend was "anonymously" texting my husband with pics of what she knew I wanted for my birthday, then another friend gifted me the tea tray, another friend gifted me the sushi tray.  Then, once I thought I got the set as complete as I could get it, the hubs took me back to Teavana to pick out the cast iron leaf patterned coasters for each of the cups.  And then, as if it were divinely ordered, I located the bamboo print enamel coasters on close out in GA for $8!!!  It was the most amazing birthday and this Japanese tea set is one of my treasures.... and not for the set itself (although I THOROUGHLY enjoy it) but because of all the work my family and friends devoted to getting me EXACTLY what I wanted for my birthday.


Wouldn't I SOOOOO love to give THIS baby away for my Favorite Things Birthday Give Away!!!  But this year's birthday give away is ALMOST as good!  Click HERE to enter to win this year's Favorite Things Birthday Give Away goodie.  Seriously, this year's is a doozie!!!  I've used it every day since I got it!!!  And I just know you guys will love it as much as I do.... COME ON, your very own mobile gym!!!

Comments

Ohhhh I love your new place settings!! Target is the best!!!!
Gorgeous tea set and love the color combo on this! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...