Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nose Dive


So here it is.... my SECOND digital coloring project.  Don't ask to see my first!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!  I just recently got the Wacom Bamboo Craft tablet and pen that came with Photoshop Elements 8 and DOVE into the world of digital coloring.  The box arrived with EVERYTHING I needed to get started... well, except I don't have a color printer! :/  Not too big of a deal since I CLEARLY need more practice, but I'm getting there and predict that my next purchase will, in fact, be a color printer! :)

Now for the product review.  So the Bamboo craft tablet is WONDERFUL!!!  It came with a little tutorial to learn how to use it.  It was interactive and pretty simple.  The tablet ALSO came with Photoshop Elements 8 which is NOT so easy to use.  Reading some reviews on Photoshop I know why.  Actually, the Photoshop Elements has MANY of the components of Photoshop (the full professional version) so just a little word of advice.... prepare for a HUGE learning curve.  But judging by the beauty above (remember, she's only my second one), it's TOTALLY worth the time investment!!!

Well gang, I'm off to learn a little more about the brushes and how to achieve a better blend.  I might just go ahead and look up some color printer reviews while I'm at it! ;)  This particular gem is going to get 100 high fives from me.  I say BUY, BUY, BUY if you're interested in coloring and have been thinking of giving a digital pen a try... the Wacom Bamboo Craft is GRRRRREAT!

** the image is Tiddly Inks Spooky Birthday.  I LOVE this digi!!!!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You know I loveeeeee this! :):):):):):):):):):):):)