Skip to main content

Taking A Punch


** The following blog post is the insane rantings of an Alice In Wonderland freak. This post may not be suitable for all audiences....
*
I can usually get inspired by a trip to my local craft store, but today I've got a story of being overtaken and molested by it. I was going through the clearance aisle of my local Joann's craft store when I spied the mother of all punches. In fact, this is BY FAR THE COOLEST punch I've ever seen!!! Now WHY was this punch being given away at the mere price tag of $3.00 (ok, and there were TWO THERE...that's NUTS)? HOW did I manage to be in the right place at the right time to snag this hidden gem? And WHY had I never seen this punch before? I gotta be honest, I not only would have paid full price for this beauty, I would have probably paid double on steal-bay... that's how great this punch is. There HAD to be a catch here.... did this punch not work? At $3, who cares! I took it and RAN to the checkout. Well, you can tell by the above pic that this punch not only works, but is every bit as cool as I'm tellin ya! I've even started punching in red and black cardstock just to save the little card suites to use as confetti down the road. A waste of perfectly good cardstock... I THINK NOT!!! Doesn't EVERYONE need card suite confetti??? I mean it's great for weddings, some funerals, New Years, retirement parties and casino themed Bat-mitzvahs... to name a few. I plan on using some to fill a shaker card. I LOVE MY NEW PUNCH! Just thought I'd share! :)
Now for the "goods"! The images are Tiddly Inks digi images and the punch is an EK Success punch. Run, don't walk, to your nearest Joann's... hopefully you will find this gem on clearance too! ;)

Comments

I don't think I would be as excited as you but now that I've seen the gorgeous card you've made with the punch, I LOVE it. Terrific image and I love the checkered paper too!
Lori Barnett said…
UUUGH!!!!! I NEEEEEEED THAT PUNCH! My Granddaughter is having an Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Tea Party Birthday. Next time you should get 2...because I am a punch NUT and would 4 sure buy it from you!
Lori Barnett said…
oh geesh...I forgot to say how totally fricken CUTE your card is. duhhhh!!!! Colored to perfection :)
Robin McK said…
Cute card Danielle! I love Alice!
Krista said…
you are so funny! and that is a pretty cool little punch! and i love your Alice!
Tabitha said…
I love your card, very cute! I love the sentiment. The rabbit always did annoy me. LOL YUM.

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...