Skip to main content

NAILED IT.... Sort Of

 
 THIS awesome yumminess is what I had for dessert tonight thanx to my super awesome Pampered Chef lady.  Why that is important is because not only did she share the original recipe for this low-cal dessert that I "frankenfixed" with my de-glutening super hero powers, but she also supplied me with THAT AWESOME square brownie pan that I love so much and use for EVERYTHING!  I have used this thing for mini single serve quiches, bacon bowl breakfast cups, single serve lasagna and, of course, brownies.  But THIS wonderful decadence is by far my best masterpiece!!!!
 
My Pampered Chef lady posted on her facebook page a recipe for a 33 CALORIE CHEESECAKE!  And added, "Let the Brownie Pan help you with your New Years Resolution!"  Well I immediately noticed that the recipe contains sugar and gluten.... the two things I swore to avoid as my New Year's resolution, but I have the pan so away I went "frankenfixing" this recipe.  My gluten free, low sugar changes are in PINK:
 

 INGREDIENTS:
3/4 Cup nonfat cottage cheese...

2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used Chobani Greek Yogurt... higher in protein)
1 TBS flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
2 TBS sugar (I used Truvia Baking blend.  When using Truvia, go to 3 Tbsp. TRUST ME)
1/4 tsp salt
4 egg whites
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup assorted fresh berries
(I used frozen organic cherries)

(I added 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract)

 DIRECTIONS:
1. Place all ingredients except for eggs and fruit in the blender or food processor and whip until the batter is smooth.
2. Now add the eggs and give it a few pulses.
3. Finally, add the fruits and gently mix them in with a spoon. Do NOT blend!
4. Spray the bottom of your pan with some cooking spray or lightly cover with oil. (I used coconut oil)
5. Pour the batter in.
6. Place the pan into your oven which should be set at 350 degrees. The suggested time for cooking is around 30 minutes (I baked 40-45 see below) but check frequently to make sure the cheesecake does not brown or dry out.
7. When done, serve either super hot straight out of the oven or chilled in the fridge. Enjoy!
8.  Because I only used 2 Tbsp. of Truvia, my cheesecake wasn't very sweet so I made a compote to put over top using 1/2 C. frozen cherries, 1/2 C. water and 2 Tbsp. Truvia.  I simply heated all three ingredients until I got a cherry syrup.  That sweetened up this dessert nicely.  TURNED OUT PERFECT.... but it was touch and go for a second.... keep reading.

 One more great use for the "brownie" pan #1544 ($19).
 
So here are a couple more pics during the test kitchen process....
 
 
So I filled the wells to just over 3/4 full and BOY did they rise.  I thought maybe I had goofed and filled the wells too high but nope....
 
 
When these babies are done they tell you because they shrink, the edges turn a beautiful golden brown and pull away from the sides of the wells.  I could have used this little bit of info because I ate one of the cheesecakes after pulling them out of the oven at the 30 minute baking mark and the cake was not cake at all.... it was flan.  NOT what I was expecting.  I thought for sure I messed it up with my "frankenfixes", but it turns out that another 10 minutes in the oven and these babies were PERFECT.... well, sort of.  The next time I make these I will be sure to use the 3 Tbsp. of Truvia instead of 2 that way I can nix the compote. But the compote gave it JUST what it needed to be PERFECTION!!!!  This one is DEFINITELY a test kitchen SUCCESS!!!! 
 
A million HIGH FIVES to my awesome Pampered Chef Lady and to ALL the Pampered Chef folks out there who really do help put us back into the kitchen and make it easier!  Turns out this post goes quite nicely with my blog post from earlier today.  That was not planned, I swear! LOL!


Comments

Alison said…
Yay!!! What an awesome job you did with this recipe! I am so glad you got inspired by one of my posts, and I will absolutely be giving this recipe ago for myself! You did this so beautifully!
Zoe said…
It sounds perfect! Looks like I need to pick up a few ingredients and will be having desert this week!!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th