Skip to main content

Early Christmas Card Featuring Stampin Up!'s Words of Cheer




The Words of Cheer is our featured set this week!  I HIGHLY recommend the bundle (#156389) to save the 10%.  You saw the dies from this set used with yesterday's projects.  Today we're featuring the gorgeous poinsettia stamp.  This is a large stamp so the D block is recommended.  On Crumb Cake cardstock, stamp the image and sentiment using Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow or Old Olive.
 

Using the watercolor pencils (#141709), I colored the leaves in Old Olive and the flowers, sprigs and berries using White.



Once everything was colored in, I used the acrylic block as a palette smooshing some ink and then using a blender pen (#102845) to apply color in the areas I wanted to be darker and then blend out using the blender.


Finally, I used the edge die from the Scalloped Contours Die set to give it a decorative edge before adhering to a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Peaceful Prints DSP and then adhering that to an A2 cardbase in Mossy Meadow (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  Please note that ANY coordinating designer series paper will work for this project... use what you like.  The Peaceful Prints DSP was a Sale-a-bration item and is no longer available.  To see all the designer series papers that ARE in stock.... click "Shop With Me" in the banner at the top of this blog.  Thank you for joining us this week.... stay tuned for my ULTIMATE CASE from the catalog!!!  Super excited for that words of cheer project!!! 

 

Comments

Past 7 Days....

Another Oldie But A Goody

Oh how I missed you!  This is a mani I haven't done in quite some time and I JUST realized that it NEVER got posted on my blog the first time I did it.  I can't believe it!  It's one of my favorites... and NOT just because it's a Halloween mani (mostly, but not entirely).  I like it because of all the Konad image plates I get to use to create this wonderful Halloween collage on my nails!  So here it is for the first time here on FunandmentalChanges.com!!!  And check out my thumb.... My thumb is sort of an exception to the rest of the manicure because the scary jack-o-lantern is off of a "fauxnad" plate, but the rest of the Konad images plates are M3, M17, M18, C01, C04 and C05.  Wow.... that really IS a lot of plates!!! So my base coat is Nail Aid's Pink Growth Therapy, then one coat of Orly's Mirror Mirror and then the various images stamped in Konad's special black and white polishes.  I LOVE THIS ONE!!!  The inspiration for this ...

Banana Split

Okie Doke!  This week at Paper Vineyard, we were challenged to create a project inspired by the Banana Split pictured above.  Couldn't you just jump through the screen right now and gobble that up???  What I love the most about this banana split is the color palette!!!  I never thought I would EVER say that about ANY banana split!!!   These colors are just so inspiring!!!  So I created: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT!!!???!!!  Honestly, I wasn't planning on creating anything as my plate is sort of full for the month, but Bo Bunny arrived at the store and I just couldn't help myself.  I was ALLLLLLLL over it!  I bought ALL the papers from the Et Cetera line (plus the buttons and trinkets) and then MOST of the papers from the Double Dot Designs!!!  These lines are AMAZING!!!  There were also goodies from the new Christmas line, but I finally had to stop looking and walk away.  OMGosh, these lines ROCK!!!  So a...

Sparking A Fire

I'M IN LOVE!!!  Black Friday was less of an assault mission this year and more of a strategic mission for me as I had my sites on only one thing... the new Kindle Fire. Recently Amazon released the Kindle Fire and my husband (mostly on his own) thought that it would make a great gift for me.  This time he hit the nail on the head.  Yes, I'm forfeiting opening gifts this Christmas, but if you've read my posts from Christmases past, you'll see this exact trend.  HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Not that the new player in the Kindle line up is overly expensive.  I picked up this baby for $199... it was all the extras that I also HAD to pick up to go along with it.  Because this device streams music, video, newspapers, magazines, books, documents and allows you to browse the web, there were a few items that I don't think I could have lived without.  Needless to say, that $199 price tag turned into a $350 price tag REAL quick with the purchase of a noise reducing head...