Skip to main content

Early Christmas Card Featuring Stampin Up!'s Words of Cheer




The Words of Cheer is our featured set this week!  I HIGHLY recommend the bundle (#156389) to save the 10%.  You saw the dies from this set used with yesterday's projects.  Today we're featuring the gorgeous poinsettia stamp.  This is a large stamp so the D block is recommended.  On Crumb Cake cardstock, stamp the image and sentiment using Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow or Old Olive.
 

Using the watercolor pencils (#141709), I colored the leaves in Old Olive and the flowers, sprigs and berries using White.



Once everything was colored in, I used the acrylic block as a palette smooshing some ink and then using a blender pen (#102845) to apply color in the areas I wanted to be darker and then blend out using the blender.


Finally, I used the edge die from the Scalloped Contours Die set to give it a decorative edge before adhering to a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Peaceful Prints DSP and then adhering that to an A2 cardbase in Mossy Meadow (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  Please note that ANY coordinating designer series paper will work for this project... use what you like.  The Peaceful Prints DSP was a Sale-a-bration item and is no longer available.  To see all the designer series papers that ARE in stock.... click "Shop With Me" in the banner at the top of this blog.  Thank you for joining us this week.... stay tuned for my ULTIMATE CASE from the catalog!!!  Super excited for that words of cheer project!!! 

 

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...