Skip to main content

Every Once In A While

Every once in a while something comes along that is brilliant and riveting and ground breaking and Emma Watson's Met Gala dress is IT for 2016!
















I know Emma Watson isn't the FIRST person to wear clothes made from recycled materials (click HERE for some pretty creative creations), but dare I say that this is the prettiest I've ever seen!!!  Emma's Met Gala dress actually gives me hope for my future.... and not in the socially responsible way, but in the self-centered, vain kinda way.

I mean, HOW many outfits have I LOVED until I completely wore them out???  The answer is A LOT!!!  Clothing is one of the few applications for the horrible, won't-go-away invention of plastic that actually makes some sense.... well, that and medical equipment.  But the reality is, while in my dream world I may one day finally have a wardrobe that I will LOVE that won't ever go away, that still brings me back to the fact that plastic STILL never goes way.  And I'm interested to find out REALLY what she thought about that dress.  Did it make her feel overly hot or uncomfortable in any way?  Did her wearing recycled plastic all night hurt her in any way?  Would it have hurt her over the long-term?

Every once in a while I get glimpses of a perfect world where my vanities are catered to with IMMORTALLY GORGEOUS outfits that I KNOW would motivate me to never gain weight, but then I'm reminded that recycling and repurposing still means that something is created that will never die and that goes against nature.

Every once in a while my initial reactions are wrong and I realize that this gorgeous innovative Met Gala gown STILL would have been lovelier made of hemp.

Comments

You know I am all about recycling ... and that dress is AMAZING! WOW!

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...