Skip to main content

The Old Clunker

A few years back I received a Creative Zen Micro Photo for Christmas. It was wonderful! The fact that I could finally carry around all my music in a super small (or I thought at the time)2.25" x 3.5" music player was sheer freedom from carrying around that old, large, portable cd player and I won't even go into the tons of music cds that also had to go along for the ride. Ok... so I'll mention them briefly, hahahahaha! And I was also surprised by how much lighter this music player was. At 5.5 oz., wearing it fashionably on an armstrap to the gym put me in the leagues with the top fitness buffs. Then something shifted... I was no longer hip, or in, or cool anymore. Suddenly everything shrunk and my music player was now a gigantic dinosaur! What the heck?!? Now everyone was sporting music players that were as big as the face of a watch and were a million times lighter than mine. All of a sudden I was back in the 7th grade trying to convince my mom to buy me the latest cool fashion (Converse All Star high tops and long shorts also known as "jams") to no avail because I had a perfectly good pair of generic brand sneakers that worked just fine. Whew, I'm glad THAT flashback is over.... where was I?
Oh! I NEED a new music player... after all, it will help my workout. I will be more streamlined with lighter equipment thus enabling proper form and efficient aerobic output.... :)

Wow... it worked! My husband really bought that?!? Actually, I don't think it was my reasoning that worked so much as finding a great deal on Amazon that moved my husband to give in and let me get a new music player even though "my old one works just fine". I got a Creative Zen Stone, I only paid $25 for it and it arrived perfectly: brand new in package. I really do love it with it's 1.5 oz. weight that allows me to simply clip it to my workout tee. And at 1" x 1.5" it stays completely out of my way while working out.

BUT... I do see another music player purchase on the horizon (don't tell my husband), that is IF Creative Labs FINALLY releases the Krystal in the US (currently only available in Hong Kong)! It's like the Zen Stone Plus, but also contains a pedometer! Yeah baby!!!

Just an FYI everyone... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Creative Labs Zen players far more than the Apple IPods. While I understand that IPod kind of has a "monopoly" on the retailer market with all the accessories, etc., I have heard more than one complaint about the IPod, how it works and sometimes doesn't. I also have noticed a high replacement rate among my friends while I still had the old Zen Microphoto clunker working fine.

I am amazed with myself for calling it 'the old clunker' when I grew up listening to vinyl on ENORMOUS record players. That evolved into 8 track (no description necessary) and then cassette tapes. Remember the HUGE boom boxes? HAHAHAHA! Old clunker.... whatever!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th