Skip to main content

Healthy Pizza

Welp... I'm on vacation. I alotted 3 days to be bad and eat whatever I want. Boy did I ever! Yuck! I feel nasty, and bloated and just generally "out of whack"! So today will be a light eating day. Oh how I wish I would have just gotten the supplies I needed to do The Master Cleanse...

Damage control: Healthy Pizza (it's what's for dinner! LOL!)


  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 C. of olive oil

Blend until smooth in the Magic Bullet. Expect to have some left over to store for future pizzas.

  • 2 Mission Carb Balance tortilla shells (I use 2 small, but you can use 1 large)
  • Thinly sliced mushrooms
  • Thinly chopped bell peppers (all colors)
  • Diced onion
  • Thinly sliced zucchini
  • Diced Cabbage (any color)
  • Non Fat Mozorella cheese
  • Any other vegetable that you prefer sliced thin... make sure not to use veggies that are too wet, as that will keep the tortilla from crisping. And be sure that you don't overload the tortilla, or you might have a hard time picking it up to eat... remember... it's a finger food!
  • Turkey pepperoni

**Note: I always try to use organic vegetables.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place tortilla shells on non stick cookie sheet leaving about a 1 inch space between the two. Brush garlic/olive oil mixture over the top of the shells. Thinly spread a nice mixture of prepared veggies, enough to cover the surface of the shells. Top with thin layer of cheese and finally pepperoni. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the pizza are crispy, golden brown.

Ok folks... this pizza is better than the real thing! It is beyond tasty. It may not be a good substitute for those of you thick crust die-hards, but I LOVE a thin crispy crust, so these crunchy tortillas hit the spot. The cheese is every bit as gooey as the real thing and with all those fresh vegetables, this one is WAY better than any pizza take out I've ever had! :)

Time Savings Tip: At the beginning of every week, I rough chop/slice veggies to use throughout the week and store them in a deli saver container from Tupperware. It saves me a ton of time prepping in the kitchen throughout the week. For onions, I usually store slices, that way if a recipe calls for diced, chopped or long strip onions, I can spend the two seconds finishing them accordingly. Bell peppers I slice into long strips and store. I store zucchini in slices. Very rarely does zucchini ever need to be prepped any further than that. Those three veggies are my staples.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How have not ever heard of Turkey pepperoni? I must try this!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

The Old Clunker

A few years back I received a Creative Zen Micro Photo for Christmas. It was wonderful! The fact that I could finally carry around all my music in a super small (or I thought at the time)2.25" x 3.5" music player was sheer freedom from carrying around that old, large, portable cd player and I won't even go into the tons of music cds that also had to go along for the ride. Ok... so I'll mention them briefly, hahahahaha! And I was also surprised by how much lighter this music player was. At 5.5 oz., wearing it fashionably on an armstrap to the gym put me in the leagues with the top fitness buffs. Then something shifted... I was no longer hip, or in, or cool anymore. Suddenly everything shrunk and my music player was now a gigantic dinosaur! What the heck?!? Now everyone was sporting music players that were as big as the face of a watch and were a million times lighter than mine. All of a sudden I was back in the 7th grade trying to convince my mom to buy me the latest

Velcome To The Little Hop of HORRORS!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So I tried to make the title sound really spooky and ran out of room to include my evil laugh... hahaha! WELCOME HOPPERS! Are you thoroughly spooked and amazed? I know I am! You already know that today is the start of our Halloween celebration with a blog hop organized by my good friend Nicole of Canadian Nickel Scrap'n . If you're currently hopping, you should be arriving here from the Fabulous Eulanda's blog ... wasn't that Caramel Corn Box AWESOME?!? If you haven't arrived from Eulanda's blog and are just now joining us, hop to the bottom of this post for details on how the blog hop works. And now for my scary good fun before you head over to Gloria's blog on the next stop of this hop. Today I've got the "Welcome" sign that I will be hanging in my foyer this Halloween. I used my Simple Frame Gypsy cut file as well as the pumpkins and faces from the Pumpkin Carvings Seasonal Cricut Cartridge (just like the one I will be g