Skip to main content

I Plan For Success!

I have had great success losing weight and getting my health back. This post is really only one key, but I've found that for me it is the most important! Journaling: The Master Plan and it works!

I have put it to the test! When I skip journaling my workouts and food intake,and skip planning my days ahead of time, I spend the day fighting urges and eating without thinking. That mindless eating we all know and love (not so much). There's something about just knowing you have a plan and are accountable to it that makes sticking to it so much easier. And in the rare occurrence that I slip and miss a meal or give in to the urge to eat those dang cupcakes that Judy brought in to work today (there's a "Judy" where ever we work, isn't there?), I don't need to panic because there's a plan of action that I have set in place the night before to give me the structure to get back on track. I will share with you the tools I use for planning at the end of this post.

Creating a plan takes me all of about 15 minutes right before bed, but it gives me a winning mindset as well as starts the structure for my journal the next day. Have you ever felt foggy first thing in the morning, unable to think let alone begin accomplishing anything? I used to suffer with that. Now I don't have to think at all when I wake up, all the thinking was done the night before! It's that freedom to NOT think and therefore NOT talk myself out of the workout that makes the planning so successful for me. I basically 'program' my future success every night. I follow through with that programming the next day when I start my day by putting on my sneakers and heading to the gym FIRST THING! I have my first success for the day within 15 minutes of waking as I head out the door. And then when I'm done, I go to my journal and record that workout. If I skipped it, I record that too. And now, thanx to the Fitness and Weight Management Plan (the latest and greatest book that I just read), I no longer beat myself up when journaling a missed workout! Yay! But it's a seemingly non-occurrence when I am journaling.... as I said, I put it to the test.

Another importance to creating my plan before going to bed is so that I can commit, in writing, the night before, that I will complete the thing that I am most likely to skip the next day. It's called the "Eat Your Frog" principal and not only has it helped me be successful with weightloss, it has also made my days ultra productive. According to Active.com, exercising first thing in the morning fires up your metabolism, sort of sparking that fat burning pilot light for the day. But MY reason for exercising first thing in the morning is to just get it done so it can't be skipped later! And for some reason, this feeling of accomplishment first thing in the morning gives me a drive to continue that success throughout the day. It's amazing.

Well, as I've said in a previous post, I prescribe to the Body For Life lifestyle. This program for me is so complete and even comes with free journals that I access online. You too can find them here. These journals truly chart my progress as well as plan for my future success. Because after all, what's the old saying, when we fail to plan, we plan to fail? Yah, I plan to succeed!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private.

THE Spectrum Noir Blog Hop You Don't Want To Miss!!!

Welcome to the very first Spectrum Noir Blog Hop EVER! And we are celebrating BIG TIME!!! Wait till you see what's up for grabs!!! Wait till you see all the amazing projects the design team put together for YOU!   If you are new to blog hops, simply visit each of the blogs below in the order shown and leave a comment on each designer's post finishing the hop at the Spectrum Noir Blog. Danielle Leann Angelique Linda Jennie Louise Kristine Marcea Taylor   Suzanne Cyndi Wendy Jacqui Spectrum Noir Blog When you arrive at the end, be sure to leave a comment on the Spectrum Noir  Blog telling us one fun new thing (tip, trick, interesting combination of colors, etc) you learned about the Spectrum Noir markers while hopping with us this week.  A random winner will be drawn using random.org at 9:00 AM GMT, Saturday, June 23, 2012 and posted at  Spectrum Noir .  The winner will have one week to claim their prize and will win a full set of 72 Basic Spectr