Skip to main content

What A Week!!!

I just have soooo much to share... tons of things in the works. So first and foremost I have some exciting news from SmashFit.com. I will be posting that later today. Suffice it to say that I'm going to have to REALLY ramp up my fitness... there's a reason I haven't been posting fitness and nutrition posts. I've been loafing and getting fat... hahahahaha! Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but my awesome, special, fun news makes me feel like I really need to get in gear and focus. Maybe you all can help me, and we can get in gear together! Stay tuned for that....

So on top of that GREATNESS, I get to also announce that I am part of my first design team!!! I've sort of been a Gypsy freak ever since I won mine from the wonderful gals over at Cutting Above, and it's nice to be able to team up with other freaks... hahahahaha! I'm kidding of course. Actually, I'm going to be designing with some AWESOME talent. Our fearless leader is Pam over at TheBugBytes.com and our design team is called The Gyptians (sorry for the Bangles song that might be running through your head right now... it's running through mine also. If it's not running through your head, then you're a lucky young whipper snapper! That song will not leave my brain!!! LOL)! It's a pretty fitting name, and this really is perfect since the team will be putting together design files to give away for free. I've had all my design files posted on my blog for free since I got my gypsy, so this is all really just an extension of what I already do... I LOVE IT! I'm so excited! Pam is so knowledgeable and super fun... this is going to be so FABULOUS!!!

And last, but certainly not least, there are talks with me helping out the good folks over at Cri-Kits.com. Nothing's been finalized yet, but I bought almost all of their pens and after they saw my project post from the other day (you can see it by clicking HERE) asked if they could use my work on their site. I would love to work with them since I just love those gel pens. It took me no time at all to master those pens and I'm already working on MULTIPLE projects to post for you guys in the upcoming weeks. I'm hoping they let me REALLY get my hands dirty over at Cri-Kits.com!!! hahahahaha! I let you all know when the tidal wave hits!

Well, that's all I've got for right now. I'm working on a submission to The Greeting Farm... I'm hoping to win some smack. Click on the link... there's an awesome digi up for grabs!

You all have an awesome Friday and don't forget about my blog give-away. Click HERE to find out how to enter and the HUGE prize haul up for grabs!!! They're my favorites!!! :)

Comments

Akuma Kanji said…
You are surrounded by good news! Congratulations! Hope everything will be great :D!

Past 7 Days....

Maple Syrup vs. Honey

I did a post a while back about the nutritious sweetener for the lemonade on the Master Cleanse: maple syrup ! In fact, for quite some time now it has been my only sweetner (well, that and agave nectar... YUM!). But why maple syrup... isn't honey the magical sweetener? First, let's consider where both come from. One comes from a tree and the other comes from flowers, but is predigested and then regurgitated by a bee. Can you guess which is which??? hahahaha ! Really though, just the idea that an insect's already digested nectar from a flower lends to the idea that the nectar is already devoid of nutrients when it's vomited back up. Isn't that the whole point of digestion? To pull the nutrients from whatever it is you have ingested. So is it safe to say that honey is a bi product ? Or even a waste material? I would certainly call MY vomit a waste material... what about you? But beyond the gross visual I now have in my head of honey, I also have a real concern about ...

Quite A Long Hiatus... But I'm Back!!!

What Happened????  I've been out of commission for a LONG time!  Well... there's a story!  Isn't there always???  Let me see if I can catch you all up quickly.  So once upon a time..... the real estate market crashed, this girl lost her career and started a blog to help focus on the better times that she knew HAD to be coming.  This blog helped distract, helped to focus and was an outlet for getting and doing things that money truly couldn't buy because she didn't have any to spend.  During this time I learned that I was strong, I was resourceful and, most importantly, I was capable.  But in looking back at this blog and the HUGE gap from my last post to today, I realized that I was grateful that I documented my journey and now wish I had never stopped.  So, back to the first question... what has been happening? 1.  I got my career back and actually landed my dream job. I have the UNBELIEVABLE honor of helping folks make their dre...

Curse You 21 Jumpstreet and Heed My Warnings

Ok, so I rented it and I loved it!!!  I hate that I loved it!  And I hate myself even more that I'm running out to buy it!  But watching this HILARIOUS movie remake reminds me of all the broken dreams and unanswered questions I was left with as a teenage girl while I manipulated and maneuvered my black and white TV antennae unavailingly to give me a clear picture of the hit Fox TV show. Back in 1987, Fox was a new station and did not come through very clearly on that trusty black and white and most nights it was as if my beloved Penhall was communicating to me from the other side through all that white noise.  Yes, I was in love with Officer Doug James Penhall and that teenage ritual would literally foreshadow the pain and heartbreak I would endure watching the end of 21 Jump Street the movie... and I'm STILL compelled to buy it.  If you haven't seen the movie yet, this post might come as a shock and should definitely be considered a spoiler for anyone readin...