Skip to main content

Wow and Yummy!

I was out of town over the Easter holiday and I came back to a chocolaty, decadent blog post at one of my favorite blog sites, The Sunny Raw Kitchen! The blog post is called Super Caramel Chocolate Tarts and it looks AMAZING! This recipe brought to mind a recipe that I've been making for a few years and is my version of Snickers. I would peel as many dates as I could stand to peel and put them into a bowl and mash with a smidge of cold water (to keep it all from sticking, but not to much, because the dates need to be handled). Someone once said that dates are nature's caramel... love it. I would then form the 'caramel' into little bite size rectangles and roll them in crushed peanuts and set in the fridge to harden slightly. While those are in the fridge, I would take about a cup of carob powder, 1/4- 1/2 cup of honey and a splash of cold water and heat the mixture stirring constantly until I have a chocolaty syrup. I would then take the cold 'caramel' and peanut bars out of the fridge and dip them into the chocolate syrup. The cold bars would set the chocolate pretty quickly, but I would still put the completed "snickers" into the fridge to finish setting up.

Well, these bars taste even better than Snickers bars in my opinion and are way better for you, but this blog post at The Sunny Raw Kitchen brings to light (pardon the pun) that I might not have to cook the 'chocolate' mixture at all. If the honey is room temperature, the mixture should mix pretty nicely and then still set up when cold. I am definitely going to give it a try and let everyone know how it turns out! Thanx Sunny Raw Kitchen... I'm going to try the tarts as well! ;)

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

The Old Clunker

A few years back I received a Creative Zen Micro Photo for Christmas. It was wonderful! The fact that I could finally carry around all my music in a super small (or I thought at the time)2.25" x 3.5" music player was sheer freedom from carrying around that old, large, portable cd player and I won't even go into the tons of music cds that also had to go along for the ride. Ok... so I'll mention them briefly, hahahahaha! And I was also surprised by how much lighter this music player was. At 5.5 oz., wearing it fashionably on an armstrap to the gym put me in the leagues with the top fitness buffs. Then something shifted... I was no longer hip, or in, or cool anymore. Suddenly everything shrunk and my music player was now a gigantic dinosaur! What the heck?!? Now everyone was sporting music players that were as big as the face of a watch and were a million times lighter than mine. All of a sudden I was back in the 7th grade trying to convince my mom to buy me the latest

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private.