Skip to main content

BEYOND The Burtonesque Dolls

**Click HERE for Halloween Give Away**

INTRODUCING.....
The new design team:  Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls!!!  Our first challenge for the "NEW" dolls was to create a project inspired by our favorite Halloween film, book or memory.  Mine is The Addams Family.  I grew up watching The Addams Family in the afternoons after school.  This show surely kick-started my interest in all things macabre and Halloweeny!!!

So my card is quite simple as I didn't want anything to detract from that AWESOME Moxxie paper from the Midnight Dreary line.  The stamped image is The Greeting Farm's Wednesday and the sentiment is from Tickled Pink Stamps' Halloween Sentiments.  To finish this one off, I added some Cuttlebug bats and sewing machine stitches.  This one is creepy, kooky and cute just like The Addams Family.

So what's YOUR inspiration?  Head over to Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls and check out what the rest of the design team turned out and to get the deets to participate in our first challenge.... and welcome to BEYOND The Burtonesque Dolls!

Comments

chilli pip said…
Great spooky card love those bats abd the signboard.
This is AWESOME!!! Loveeeeeee that sentiment and the bats too! And I used to watch that show too! :):):):):):):):):):):)
TRACEY O said…
This is fantastic. The image is so cute...in a creepy kind a way.
Audrey Frelx said…
Awwwww, adorably cute! Love the 3-D bats!!!

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...