Skip to main content

The Doll's Tribute to Terry Gilliam

**Click HERE for Halloween Give Away**

This week's challenge over at BEYOND The Burtonesque Dolls is to create a project inspired by the artwork and/or films of Terry Gilliam.  Personally, I TOTALLY like this dude's style when it comes to his artwork.  It borders on bazaar with quite a steampunk-y edge... THAT I'm so drawn to!!!  Now while I ended up going "cutesy" with this card, it was not for lack of want for the bazaar.  I had originally picked Smeared Ink's Gear Head but with the holiday weekend and this user's less than stellar computer know-how, the image wasn't able to be downloaded in time for this challenge.  So inspired by Terry Gilliam's Steampunk Style, here's my project featuring a GORGEOUS alternative:  Tiddly Inks' Owlette.  I altered this one a bit as the owl that is supposed to be perched on Owlette's hand would have gotten in the way of that wonderful Tim Holtz sentiment.

 Ok folks... that is it!  Swing over to Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls to enter this challenge and see what the rest of the dolls created in tribute of the talented Mr. Gilliam!!!

**Copics used, Skin:  E00, E000, E11, E21, Hair: E02, E18, E59, Wardrobe:  E40, E43, E44, E47, E49, BG71, BG75, BG78, BG000, Misc:  W3

Comments

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that quote! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Krista said…
when i grow up i want to color like you *sigh*
Lori Barnett said…
This is AWESOME!!!! LOVE!
Audrey Frelx said…
OMG, I just LOVE this!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai...

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...