Skip to main content

There's No Place Like Home

 Graphic 45's Magic of Oz arrived at Paper Vineyard last week and this week the design team had a BLAST playing with all the goodies!!!  I took a cue from my new blog friend Barb and used a scrapbook layout she completed as inspiration for my project.  The simplicity of using up those mini-scraps is just BEYOND brilliant.  She is the newest of the MANY talented blog friends I have, so don't be surprised if you see me saying her name A LOT!!!  Her talent is out of this world and TOTALLY up my alley [thanx for the card Barb, it is WONDERFUL]!!!

So, of course, I used Copics for this project.  LOTS of E40's and R20's and finished up with YG20's... with a little Y18 and Y00 thrown in to make the cat tails and the shiny doorknob.  For some reason, my shadowing lightened A LOT on this pic, so I'm going to try and take another pic in better lighting and re-post.  Hopefully I can show this a little better.  For some reason, I've been sucking with my camera.... what is up with that?  Anyway, I am OVER THE MOON for this new Graphic 45 line (you should see all the chipboard tags in this one) and HIGHLY recommend you check it out.  Click HERE to see what the rest of the design team created with this uber-kewl line!!!  Click HERE to get your hands on the AWESOME Make It Crafty Mushroom House digi!

Comments

Ohhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeeee this one!! I loveeeeeeeee loving the stamp you used, the design and loving the distressing! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Hedgehog Reader said…
This is just absolutely beautiful Danielle! Your coloring is amazing, and that distressed edge around your focal point is so pretty and reminds me of aged parchment or delicate mushroom skin - so perfect! The way you brought together all the elements is just gorgeous! :o)
Krista said…
when i grow up, i wanna color like you....

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Inking Pink Blog Hop

Hi Hoppers! Danielle, a.k.a. FitterTwit here.... so glad you made it!!! If you're mid-hop, you should be arriving here from Chelsea's blog . Was that a great project or what!?! If you're just joining us and need to start the hop from the beginning, you're gonna want to head over to our lovely Hop Hostess Patricia's blog to start the fun here on our VERY IMPORTANT Inking Pink Blog Hop! Here's to Breast Cancer Awareness!!! My project for this hop is a reminder card..."Remember your checkups!" What a wonderful way to say "I love you" to a dear friend or family member. Now you may not be able to see it in the pic above, but I altered The Greeting Farm's Ebony so that her tee shirt reads, "Say YES to Mammograms!" So, today I wanted to share HOW I added the words to her tee. First I printed the words as small as I could and still be able to read the message using my laser printer onto the paper that I would be using to color in my im...