Skip to main content

It's A Great Day For A White Wedding

It has been sooooo long since I've designed with the wonderful ladies of Paper Vineyard's design team!  Getting back on the designing wagon has suddenly come so easy to me over the past couple of days or so... I've been designing up a storm.  Part of the reason for the sudden burst of creativity came from this little gem pictured below!  Just a little warning here... this post is VERY pic heavy!!!

 Yep!  It's the DCWV Immortal Love stack I told you all about the other day (inspired by the Twilight Saga movies).  So with Breaking Dawn coming out later this year, the Wedding theme for today's challenge over at Paper Vineyard was SUPER easy.  I can clearly imagine what wedding goodies Edward and Bella would put together, what their wedding colors would be, etc.  Well, now you can see how this one just sort of made itself!  hahahahahahha!

So my creation is the CD jacket for a wedding photo compilation; the template is pictured above. This would make a wonderful keepsake for special guests at any wedding or to attach to the inside back cover of a wedding album.  Using the Martha Stewart scoring board, I scored a 7 x 10" paper vertically at the 1" mark and the 6" mark.  I then scored horizontally at the 5" mark and trimmed the edges from 1/2 of the sheet, then folded the rest of the score lines to create the CD pocket.  I rounded corners using my Corner Chomper and punched a decorative edge along the front using an EK Success edge punch.  Prior to adhering my edges with red tacky tape for a strong hold, I glued the liner and the white cover using the Paper Vineyard's new SEI White Elegance wedding line.  Then, using my NEW (just bought last Friday on Competitor Coupon Day at Paper Vineyard) Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two I cut out the frame for the cover title and blinged it out with the coordinating Want 2 Scrap pearl accents made to fit this set PERFECTLY!!!  Finally, I printed and cut the title on vellum and embellished the CD jacket with red bling and miscellaneous ribbon.  Now for some fun....



Each backdrop for this CD jacket is a different page from my new Immortal Love paper stack (there are certainly more pages in the stack, I only photographed a few)... you can just imagine how beautiful this jacket would be as an addition to a mini book... just a thought!  LOL!


Ok folks... that does it for today.  Be sure to click on the link above for more design inspiration from the rest of the design team and we'll see you next week for more creative fun!

P.S. The first backdrop page is my favorite... which one is yours?
P.P.S. Here's a link for those of you who HAVEN'T seen the new sneak peek trailor of Twilight Breaking Dawn Part I:  CLICK HERE
AND
Here's a link for those of you who HAVE seen the new sneak peek trailor of Twilight Breaking Dawn Part I:  CLICK HERE
My gift to you... LOL!

Comments

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! AWESOME that you got to use those papers!!! And now I have Billy Idol stuck in my head...thank you very much! lol!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
Marijo said…
I love this. And thanks for the tutorial of how to make it. I may just have to try this too!

Marijo aka Scraptastic Grammy
Anonymous said…
This is AMAZING...an original idea with SO MANY possibilities. You're back. . .
Carol W. said…
Fabulous, love the CD cover, and the stack is my absolute favorite stack EVER! TFS
Gerri Daniels said…
Gerri - Just love the CD cover! I LOVE the punch!! Your tutorials are great.

Past 7 Days....

The Old Clunker

A few years back I received a Creative Zen Micro Photo for Christmas. It was wonderful! The fact that I could finally carry around all my music in a super small (or I thought at the time)2.25" x 3.5" music player was sheer freedom from carrying around that old, large, portable cd player and I won't even go into the tons of music cds that also had to go along for the ride. Ok... so I'll mention them briefly, hahahahaha! And I was also surprised by how much lighter this music player was. At 5.5 oz., wearing it fashionably on an armstrap to the gym put me in the leagues with the top fitness buffs. Then something shifted... I was no longer hip, or in, or cool anymore. Suddenly everything shrunk and my music player was now a gigantic dinosaur! What the heck?!? Now everyone was sporting music players that were as big as the face of a watch and were a million times lighter than mine. All of a sudden I was back in the 7th grade trying to convince my mom to buy me the latest

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private.