Skip to main content

TESTING....

So, last week I started my garden (my second one ever!). I found out the hard way that working in the dirt wreaks havoc on natural nails. I am gardening with gloves on this year, but there are just some things (planting seeds and pulling weeds) that are impossible to do with gloves on. This year I made a commitment (wow, really?!? Isn't that a little dramatic? Nah!) to protect my nails until the garden is up and running.

I searched last year, long after it was too late, for something to protect my nails and THIS YEAR I think I found it. Thanx to a new friend of mine, who also happens to be a nail technician, I've discovered OPI's Axxium. It is a soak-off sealer for gel nails that MAGICALLY works on polish without puckering or cracking the color below. And let me tell you, I have been through enough gel "polishes", sealers, etc. that ruined the hard work below them to believe that REAL gel topcoats that would work over regular nail polish were probably not in existence. I spent hours upon hours trying to protect my nails without damaging the manicure or my natural nails underneath... gels and nail lacquer just didn't mix. Until now.

So I did this gorgeous Konadicure and then topped it with the Axxium soak-off sealer and then cured in a UV lamp (Yes! I'm THAT big of a nail crackhead that I actually own a professional's UV lamp) for three minutes. Nails were done IMMEDIATELY after the 3 minute cure time. I wiped them with a piece of cotton saturated in alcohol, applied my NEW homemade cuticle oil and I was done. I now have a nicely thick (but not too thick) protective coating on the nails on my left hand. The mani on my right hand is without the Axxium coat. I'm wearing both for as long as I can to see how this Axxium REALLY holds up. So far so good... nice and shiny, no puckering and no cracking! I'll keep you all posted.

LEFT HAND MANI:

  • 1 coat Nail Aid Pink Natural Nail Growth Therapy
  • 2 coats China Glaze GR8
  • 1 coat Seche Vite (waited 20 minutes to set up... I had to eat lunch anyway)
  • Konad image from plate M64 stamped with Konad black special polish
  • 1 coat Axxium soak-off sealer (cured 30 seconds after each nail application. When whole hand was done, I cured for an additional 3 minutes)

RIGHT HAND MANI:

  • Same, but replaced the Axxium coat with another Seche Vite coat
Now lets see how long these puppies last!!! ;)

Comments

so pretty love the color combination! gorgeous as usual!
Susie said…
Beautifully perfect.
Glad you found a way to protect your nails.
Susie
jhoannz said…
this is cute. love this
wow. I have to take tutorials to keep my nails from breaking dear.
I have left an award for you at my site sweetie

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th