Skip to main content

It All About Sharing!

Anyone who reads my blog knows that I love nail polish. It's just one of those cheap luxuries that satisfies my yearnings for shopping and being "girly" without wrecking my budget. In an economy when we all have very little time and very little money, a new polish can be quite therapeutic. Which was the very discussion I had with my oldest, dearest girl friend (I don't mean she's old, I mean that we've been friends since I was in the 8th grade! LOL). She swore to me that she did not have time to spend even a couple of minutes on herself, for herself. So I sent her the coolest polish staple in my arsenal... Seche Vite. In fact, check out this Polish Give Away post! That's the same set that I sent her! And while her life is uber chaotic (you'll see what I'm talking about in a sec), I think she too discovered the pleasures of spending just a couple of minutes pampering herself. Because, believe it or not, with Seche Vite... that's all you need. And she's a believer now! Here's her experience... prepare to laugh... HARD!
Let me start out by introducing myself, my name is Roxanne. I am a mother of 5 (yes 5 and on purpose, 3 step children) I work an xtra-full time job. I work 50 hrs a week, and I live about an hour away from work, so I am gone away from my home at least 70hrs a week. As soon as I get home from work, it seems like my day is starting all over again with the kids, hubby, animals, etc. So when my best friend told me about this awesome quick dry nail product, I had to try it!!!
First step: let me find a room to hide in really quick-like to put the base coat on, 1 min past, first coat on….looks nice, (sighs) brb, kids sound like a herd of elephants running through my house, screaming “MOM!!! HE IS TOUCHING ME!!!!” Sighs….. so I get up, go yell at my son, “Stop touching your sister!” My son says, but mom it wasn’t me, it was the dog…. GOOD LORD, Fine, but if you were thinking about touching your sister….DONT!!
Ok, step 2: second coat, the color looks a little pale for my taste, but you never know, it may show off my tan… goes on smooth, very smooth, doesn’t look all that bad…..”SMASH” I yell, “What was that?” My husband yells back, “Nothing Honey!!!” Ok girls, in all of my 34 yrs when a man says, “nothing honey” it is NEVER just nothing, so I get up to see what “nothing”is, and mumbling under my breath, “if I mess up my nails, someone is going to get it, because we all know how much time I have for myself to even GET to my nails” So I go into the kitchen where my husband is, and one of my favorite glasses is on the floor shattered, so there I am, cleaning up the glass.
Step 3: I look at my nails to make sure I don’t have to hurt anyone yet, oooooooooooooooo they are soooooooooo lucky, second coat of color goes on, not bad, I like it, very nice, pretty color, goes on nicely, no bubbles, clean strokes. GRRRRRRREAT there goes the cats screaming, ok sooooo which dog do I need to put in the cage now for attacking the cat? I go out in the other room (because NO ONE in the house heard it but me) I yell at the dogs, send them out side for trying to play dodge ball with the kitty, as I am coming in from outside I yell at the kids and hubby, and they look at me like I am the insane one.
Step 4: look at my nails again to see if I need to send someone packing down the road, again they are safe, Last coat goes on just as good as the last 3 coats, smooth, perfect!!! So far so good with the home front, Silence!! Wow, So I sit, head back on wall, admiring my nails, they look awesome, ever since I took my fake nails off I haven’t had the time to put 4 coats on, so there I sit in silence 5 mins of silence, peacefulness, and then all of a sudden, someone has let the dogs in from outside, How do I know this you ask? Because here comes the cat, racing across my lap because the dogs where chasing it, and here comes the dogs, on my lap, and then here comes the kids chasing the dogs, and they trip over the cat that now has raced past my chair, out goes the cat, out goes the dogs, and then out goes the kids, at this time I am in tears, all that time I spent on my nails, RUINED, I looked down to see how bad they really were….WHAT???????????????????? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A MARK ON THEM!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE COMPLETELY DRY AFTER ONLY 5 MINS!!!! This nail polish has saved my sanity, beauty, and my family’s life, I feel like a woman again!!! Thank you Seche Vite, and my best friend for telling me about this awesome product!!!
*** 20% off and FREE shipping over $20 here when you use discount code "MENTAL"!

Comments

jhoannz said…
thank you for sharing and being so generous. I love the Seche Vite, I will post picture soon...

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private.

THE Spectrum Noir Blog Hop You Don't Want To Miss!!!

Welcome to the very first Spectrum Noir Blog Hop EVER! And we are celebrating BIG TIME!!! Wait till you see what's up for grabs!!! Wait till you see all the amazing projects the design team put together for YOU!   If you are new to blog hops, simply visit each of the blogs below in the order shown and leave a comment on each designer's post finishing the hop at the Spectrum Noir Blog. Danielle Leann Angelique Linda Jennie Louise Kristine Marcea Taylor   Suzanne Cyndi Wendy Jacqui Spectrum Noir Blog When you arrive at the end, be sure to leave a comment on the Spectrum Noir  Blog telling us one fun new thing (tip, trick, interesting combination of colors, etc) you learned about the Spectrum Noir markers while hopping with us this week.  A random winner will be drawn using random.org at 9:00 AM GMT, Saturday, June 23, 2012 and posted at  Spectrum Noir .  The winner will have one week to claim their prize and will win a full set of 72 Basic Spectr