Skip to main content

Gratuitous Dancing

Ok folks! Life is NOT like High School Musical... unfortunately. People do not break out in song and dance at pivotal moments throughout their day. That is unfortunate too because song and dance is so good for the soul. Fortunately, we DO have workout DVD's. I hate that we call them that. While most do a great job of working up a sweat, some DVD's are more like a dance party. Popping in certain DVDs elicits gratuitous dancing. And when you're done, you HAVE gotten a great workout, your energy is heightened and your spirit soars. I have found one such gold mine and it can be found at http://www.beachbody.com/. So far I have Slim in Six, Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs. I love them all! I really think that Beachbody.com has hit the jackpot... they seem to be one of the few fitness companies to actually understand that if you're REALLY having fun, you will stick with it... and it really is all about the instructor. You just cannot find the caliber of instructors like you find at BeachBody.com. These people draw you in to the workout with their encouragement and they're amazingly fun personalities. Beachbody has really honed in on bringing the instructors who speak through the camera instead of at the camera and invite you into their world for brief (I'm currently still doing the 20 minute routines) segments of gratuitous dancing. I am just amazingly blown away. I say, "Anything that gets me in touch with my inner seven year old... bring it on!!!" And these DVDs certainly do the trick!

Comments

Kathleen said…
Well at least you are fun AND mental! I can't wait to try these! Thanks for the tip.
MookieJ said…
I'm also a beachbody fan! I have Power 90, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam and I just got ChaLEAN extreme. I'm going to start the ChaLEAN program on Monday

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...