Skip to main content

Binge Days


What is it that sets me off?  I don't know what it is, but there are days I want to eat non-stop.  And I mean literally just keep chewing and chewing until my jaw seizes... except it never does.  I've always been a lover of food; a little is never enough.  Some people talk about emotional eating or bordom eating.... seriously gang.... I will eat just to eat. I will eat because things are going bad; I will eat because things are going great. I will eat because nothing's on TV; I will eat because something good is on.  I will eat because I'm going out, or because I'm staying in.  There is no rhyme or reason to why I binge.  I know, because I've been journaling about it for years.  But recently, I've noticed that there are certain foods that have been making me feel satisfied, that I can also eat a lot of, but doesn't cause damage to my weight loss achievements.  Here is a list of foods I've been incorporating into my binge days

*479 Degrees Asiago, Parmesan and Cheddar Popcorn - found at Target.   At 130 calories for 3 cups, I can sit and eat an entire bag for only 520 calories.  Not too bad for say, "taking in a movie"!

*Peanut Butter and Celery - found EVERYWHERE!!!  4 celery stalks and 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter are VERY satisfying and VERY filling and only 220 calories!

*Vita Tops Deep Chocolate mini cakes - also found at Target.  These babies are only 100 calories a piece with a ton of fiber and even some protein (they are practically a health food)!  I can eat an entire box of this chocolatey goodness and only consume 400 calories!!!!  Talk about a binge that won't kill your diet!!!

*Blueberries - found EVERYWHERE!  So these babies are 85 calories for 1 whole cup!  You can fill up a HUGE bowl with 4 cups of blueberries and go to town and you haven't even hit 350 calories!  Layer an entire cup of blueberries with 8 oz. of blueberry flavored greek yogurt and some fat free Reddi Whip topping and you have a HUGE dessert for only 210 calories!!!

*Jicama (pronounced Hicuma) - Found in most produce sections.  If you haven't tried Jicama, it is what you get if a potato and an apple had a baby!  The filling effects and crunch of the potato, but the flavor of an apple and sooooo yummy!!!  They are best served cold and REALLY satisfy when you have an urge to crunch!  One cup of Jicama is only 50 calories.  This is another one where you can fill up a huge bowl with like 4 cups and just fill up!

Ok gang... these are my new go-to's when I want to really pig out.  It also allows me to quit berating myself when I am overcome with the urge to eat.  BTW, a little side note, if  you're working out regularly, experts say that the urge to binge sometimes is normal.  Choose your food choices wisely and go for it.  Maybe, like me, you'll discover the urge overtakes you less frequently!


Comments

Good for you my friend!!!!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower...

Christmas Give Away

Ok gang! This is my second post for the day, but I thought it was important to get this one started as soon as possible!!! For the upcoming Christmas season, I'm giving away THREE Disney Cricut cartridges. These cartridges were not donated to this blog, I purchased all of these cartridges to give away. My followers are THE BEST and I wanted to give away something really nice for the holiday season. This is only open to those who appear on this blog's follower list, so if you're not one of my beloved followers, please become one (and I'm almost to 400 woo hoo!!!). All you have to do to enter to win these super fun Disney cartridges is share this give away with others. You can post it on your blog, shout it out on Facebook and Twitter, post the announcement in a message community or do all of the above. Then, leave a comment on this post letting me know where you shared and an email address to contact you. This will be open until December 11th and I will post the winne...

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!). My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi . For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would...